new-ish, with a new (2nd) car

Well, I figured it’s about time to let the cat out of the bag… I now have another daily / winter driver, a 1990 BMW 325is (2dr, LSD, white w/ red interior).

I was worried the Z might not be done in time for me to be going back to some classes at RIT this fall quarter, and besides, I’ve lusted after e30s since Sasha’s old uh 84 or 85 (iirc) ETA - and god damned Mike let me drive his last winter… So when Brent hooked me up with a cool Craigslist search tool, and I found one in Chicago in my price / condition range, I was all over that.

~2k got me a 1990 “is” (the s basically gives you an LDS) with a totally mint interior and excellent mechanicals, it runs STRONG. Body needs some love, ok, it’s in pretty sad shape, but I am hoping to fix that shortly, I already have a guy in Alabama pulling a pair of front fenders and a rear trunk lid and Kevin and Jody are going to do the rust repair and repaint it for me this fall. It won’t be a total “restoration” project, I’m not looking for concours or showroom-stock by any means, but I just want to be proud of it, and I love these cars. I’m also replacing pretty much the entire suspension save the control arms / ball joints (as the previous owner did that already) and doing brakes and some steering rack stuff. Engine’s going to stay stock unless I have EVERYTHING else done I want to or have a major problem - well, at least until the Z is solid, then who knows, ///M swap here we come :wink:

http://www.mturck.com/Nyspeed/Dunville/August06/DSCF4687.jpg

That’s a pic from Dunnville Ontario (track day) - it held it’s own, I wasn’t the slowest out there, even on crap tires, crap brakes and what I have to assume are just about blown struts in back… :smiley:

That’s me driving you bitch.

:lol:

Mike, the turbo in your avatar caught on fire :eek:

with Brad riding shotty… never said otherwise :wink:

welcome :wave: