New winter beater *quick pic*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Coldaccord/325eexhaust052.jpg

1990 325is coupe. 2.7 stroker motor; 2.7 crank, rods and pistons, with a 325i 2.5 cylinder head. thing is pretty quick. I think over the winter I’m gonna put an smt7 on there and get an MAF (already have this setup, but its for the stroker in the white wagon in my sig (which I still have, I would never sell it)).

otherwise, I’m just trying to get new seats front and back (needs it), and the fender and pass fender are dented up so they will be replaced soon. besides that it’s in great shape.

my plans are to track it for the rest of this season, take it through this winter (it should be fine if I wash it twice a week) then track it next year and maybe sell it soewhere down the line, like do a trade for an e30m3 shell to build (euro s50 whaaat)

was this sitting at monroe on transit someime this week?

nope, brought it straight home from Minneapolis to buffalo from 1pm Monday to 4am tuesday

Nice! Look forward to seeing your progress. I’ve played with SMT6 and honestly didnt care much for it. I’d love to put Tec3R on my e30 but I dont care about my e30 so I think I’m going to Megasquirt it. None the less you seem to pick up some nice ones :tup:

Btw, if you dont care about doing some crazy engine management, screw Euro S50’s, S54’s are getting affordable :wink:

thanks. I’m not too crazy about the wheels, but they dress it up a bit for the time being. I’m working on getting this hot set of 16x7.5 2 piece schnitzer copies, only set I’ve ever seen in 4x100

i just have to work out a little fuel issue, get the aforementioned parts, and be set. im baout to go replace the radiator, t stat, gauge cluster, and throttle body right now.

nice man. i enjoy the old school 325ix. i almost got a 325ix with like 75K miles instead of the viggen. it was unbelievably clean. but i wanted the torque number.

good choice :tup: a clean “winter beater”

325ix w/75k? where? still around, or was this a while ago

it was november 2005

located like 5 minutes from me in lancaster, pa…the owner also drove an m5( as DD) and 2002-03ish yellow lotus esprit with black leather and yellow piping, and a fully restored kharman ghia that was unbelievably clean looking. his wife daily drove an e36 m3 and had an autocross prepped miata.

ill drive by his house and see if he still has it, however, last i heard he sold it. but ill look anyway.

correction november 2004. sorry.

I had a 325IX winter beater.
It was originally my mom’s winter beater, she had a 325IC for summer.
I just found one for sale the other day in AZ on Autotrader.
The car looks pretty damn good and the guy is asking $4900.00.

crap im thinking it might be too clean to put through winter

ur saying ur black one is too clean for winter? egh…just dont let snow/salt/etc. to sit in the fenderwells and stuff when you park it. it will help to alleviate the rust that would build up on it(garage parking is obv. 1st choice) while it sits, but none the less it wont be that bad. my saab survived this winter quite nicely and i parked it outside at school.

o. and the red 325ix sold in jan. 2004, shortly after i drove it and considered it. sorry.

smt7 FTW…PS I Like the wheels…to bad they arnt my lug pattern

im not crazy about them, but they fit well and fill out the fender wells

I did that once,pretty close to the same times too.Picked up my 30th T/A out there drove home,had a mini blowout in clev. pulling into a gas station at like 3am.put the spare on filled up and away we went.
D

hahah… i think ur right

ok so who is down to see the movie tonight then hit up brennans afterwards?

here are the later times

9:35 I 10:20 I 12:10am

i vote for 9:35 then hit up brennans right after

i know someone with a few interiors for the e30 if you want his number.

wtf?

dude thats way to clean for a buffalo winter… why???

gotta love Skunks high jacking of the thread :wink:

car looks really nice…I’d save it’s life and not drive it in the winter