New Law for uninsured under age 25?

I heard this from my mother, so it hasn’t been verified, but I was able to dig up some information on this subject.

Anyways…

She says that there is a new law that children can be enrolled on their parent’s health insurance up to age 25 regardless of enrollment in school.

It also says that if your insurance was terminated after you graduated school, then you can get it back, so long as you are 25 years old or younger.

This really applies to my girlfriend, she just graduated college, and promptly got dumped from her mothers health insurance plan.

Here is some info that I was able to dig up. I don’t understand the terms under NY fully, it seems like they are doing it on a state by state basis.

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/dependentstatus.htm

i have health insurance till im 25 thought my dad’s insurance, even though i dropped out of school over 2 years ago

so ya. its true. well, depending on the health insurance carrier.

my dental is up in feb… gotta get to the dentist soon!

sweet. ill tell mother i pay 200 a month out of pocket for mine cuz i got dumped a month before school was over

YES!!!1

i’m still on my moms…but i know she pays more for it…some family play

^
Mrs. Karus

yeah the thing with my girlfriend is this.

She’s 22, her current job isn’t offering health insurance at all.

Her mom is paying x amount for a family plan, the rate is the same if she was on the plan or not on it, and the insurance company made sure they dumped her the week that she graduated college.

Its so fucked up.

I just got health insurance for myself for the first time in literally years.

any creditable source on this? my g/f is in the same situation…

Get a haircut and a job you deadbeat hippies!

j/k Good deal for those still getting up off the ground. :tup:

I bet its not true since insurance insurance companies can choose who they want to insure, and also its a privalge to have. My theory is get your lazy assed out there with jobs that pay for it.

[quote=“dubbin91,post:9,topic:38519"”]

I bet its not true since insurance insurance companies can choose who they want to insure, and also its a privalge to have. My theory is get your lazy assed out there with jobs that pay for it.

[/quote]

meh

my theory is… ive got time.

god you cant even spell privilege right.

really though, if sounded out that would be priv-al-geeeeee