New look for NYS license plate revealed.

Dont know if this was already said or not, but if you have custom plates you do not have to pay for the new plates cause you already pay a custom fee, found that out on the website, so I wont have to pay for new ones yay! but…as for the looks…hideous! I hate it :Idiots

I was kidding with VOTVOTVOTVOT.

But I agree with the dangers of pulling someone over and not seeing into the car.

But that is what a gun is for. All the cars I have that had tint, when I am pulled over, I already have the windows rolled down (mostly so they hopefully dont see it and give me a tint ticket) and keep both hand on the wheel untill instructed otherwise. If some gang banger is riding dirty with limo tint and leaves that shit up when I walk up to the car, my gun would be drawn. same shit as if I saw the driver or pass. moving around in the car and I cant see what they are doing, gun is ready to take back the “I am in charge” feeling for the cop over the perps.

And again, if you cant see at night with tint, its your own damn fault. you back up into something becaseu you cant see out your windows its unsafe backing moving violation. If you hit a parked car turning a corner becasue you cant see through the tint, failure to stay left/right. There are already laws that make you pay for the mistake you just made. Tint it just another excuse to get $150.

http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/stop-new-license-plate-mandate

oh ok didnt know that.

Post on another forum.

you are right about NY being all up tight BUT right now FL is going through a bunch of RedLight Rally’s which has made the state over 1.3 million dollars in traffic tickets this year alone… Can you imagine what the numbers are for NY I am going to try and find out.

News last night said Patterson is catching major heat for this. He may back down if people can find other wise to generate the revenue.

I dont get why all the states dont have the same traffic laws and rules. Make it a uniform thing. It’s such a hassle when youre out of state and they stop you there for something thats legal in NY and then you have to go through the trouble to taking care of that. Make it all the same everywhere. This kind of thing NEEDS to be the same all around in every state. This whole each town having their own laws and rules when it comes to traffic is complete horseshit.

State laws are state laws. Doubt they would ever pass federal traffic laws but who knows with obamaman running the helm.

think we’ll ever get to normal federal traffic laws? ever?

That would be a bad idea IMO, too much federal power.

you think so? i think making all traffic laws uniform across the nation makes things a lot easier and smoother.

You dont want the fed to have that much power. Wouldn’t make sense.

I agree about not having it controlled on a federal level, but there are ways to make things more uniform. Many state DMV’s already work together sharing information, they should also work together to try and find some alignment in their traffic laws.

Then again, I doubt any civil service employee would ever want to spend their time doing that when they could simply ignore it with no penalty, lol…

i dont think its about power. its more about makign things streamlined. it doesnt mean fed is taking over, i meant to say that theres going to be the same rules everywhere. example: right turn on red in albany: ok. right turn on red in nyc: NOT ok. we know this because we live here. some ppl dont know about the NYC rules, but say you go to Ohio? North Carolina? Florida? Texas? Who knows? Youre not really going to look up, read and memorize every single traffic law, are you? But if theyre all the same everywhere, you know that you can or cannot do this in that situation, but its ok in this situation. its all the same everywhere. kinda like street lights. red is stop, green is go. thats the same in all the states, that makes things easier. but imagine if every state had their own colors, and the lights would be all different in the number of lights and the meanings would be all different. it’d be impossible to drive around for people. making all the street signs the same also makes things easier. especially for when youre out of area. it makes thinsgs hard when youre used to seeing green signs with white letters, but then going to a diff state and them being brown and yellow. you instinctively look for green and white, and dont see it. you end up driving slow and slowing down others, causing traffic delays. now if all the signs were the same all around, u know that green/white is automatically a street sign. your eye darts to that and u see the street name instead of trying to figure out where the hell the sign is and what color it is. stuff like that, ya know? i really wish it was uniform. i LOVED florida signs. theyre all BIG, clearly visible, theyre all the same, the major intersections are HUGE signs, so you know its a major road. Theres building numbers on them. If youre at an intersection and the left side sign has numbers like 3500 and down(for example) and the right side has 3501 and up. this makes things SOOOOOO much better. if youre looking for building 3645, you know to go right. Some signs are even LIT! Totally loved driving in florida. You can actually tell where the hell you are. Here? Half the signs are behind poles or in the goddamn leafy tree and tiny. Another things i noticed about the US being different from the rest of the wold is that a lot of the building dont have a building number clearly displayed. As if everyone knows every building already. The numbers that are ON building are all different and most of them tiny. Some are even written out in words like “thirty two”. Personally, i dont like that. If im in a rush, i dont have time to be reading freakking crusrive written out house numbers with 30 angry motorists behind me honking cuz im slowing them down. just put a big 32 on the side with a dark background and white letters on each side of the building so everyone can see, no matter where theyre coming from.
/rant

Vot, I’m really strugging with your sentence structure.

its mainly composed of run ons. i need an editor. :ahh

Off topic sorta… I made it a day in the Jetta without getting pulled over yesterday!!! WOOT so now I am 3 for 4… 4 days back on the road, yanked over by the fuzz 3 days.

Back on topic… I dont like the new plates. lol

why should they “find” revenue? They should have been more frugal with their spending in the first place. Why should the tax payer pay even more in bs fines, and fees to live here because State employees are wasteful asshats. (not directed at you, it’s a general statement).

It needs to stay at the State level for many reasons. Each state is different in terms of demographics, climate, location, industry, so there are different V&T laws to fit this model. So in places some laws don’t make sense. You do not want the federal government to dish out more laws for the stats to follow. We are already getting to this point, we do not need a stronger federal government, we need a weaker one.

As far as NYC, they would have a sign stating no right turn on red for out-of-towners to follow.

As far as street signs, it’s done by each respective municipality. For instance, the town near me uses the brown and yellow signs, whereas mine uses green and white.

I’m not a state employee (thank god). And I agree with you 100%…