new lot for the summer.

LOL I’m sure I’ll be renting a bay at some point this summer… can’t tell you how many times I took that Cutlass apart in Kohls parking lot!!! Gearhead saved my ass with his floor jack a bunch of times ahahah

Yeah meng! BTW you wont be the only low rider out this summer. My brothers truck is going to lay door. I have been watching your build too, cant wait to see it out!

:facepalm :facepalm FUCKING MINITRUCKERS!!! :ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh

I’m just fuckin around man, I re-read realized i didn’t even put a smiley :slight_smile: It could be worse, he could be building a donk. LOL

Then I shouldnt tell u about the next project! :ninja JK

The guy i bought my tractor from, had a MINT 86 Caprice. straight 6, 7Kmi on it, didnt even have rust on the exhaust! only wanted $1000 for it. I should have jumped on that, I am an idiot. I could have donked the shit out of it! :rofl

i thought they only came with the v6’s ??? Does he still have it?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

nope i sold a week after i saw it out on the lawn with the FS sign in it.
They came with 305’s or what ever the little small block was. My mother had a metalic blue one when I was like 10. If I remember correctly I saw electronic fuel injection chrome long rectangular badge on the back trunk and it was a V8.

The one for sale had that cush, blue velvet like shit in there, I could have sold the entire interior for the cost fo the car, the straight 6 for a few hunge and had a sick roller for a drag car. but my gf wouldnt let me park it at my house.

From the caprice classic wiki!

The 250 six, was replaced by a new 90 degree Chevrolet 3.8 L (229 cu in) V6 as the base engine for sedans and coupes. This engine shared the same bore and stoke as the 305 cu in V8. California emission cars used the Buick 3.8 L (231 cu in) V6 engine. The Chevrolet 3.8L was rated at 115 hp (86 kW) while the Buick V6 engine had a 110 hp (82 kW) rating. Although the 3.8 L V6 had the same horsepower rating as the 250 six used in 1979, the 250 had 25 ft·lbf (34 N·m) more torque than the 3.8 L (200 ft·lbf vs 175 ft·lbf). The 3.8 L V6 did boost Chevrolet Caprice’s fuel economy to and EPA estimated 18 MPG city and 26 MPG highway, the highest a full-size Chevrolet had been rated to date.

The base V8 engine was new for 1980. The 4.4L 267 cu in V8 rated at 115 hp (86 kW) and was the standard engine for station wagons. This engine had a 2-barrel carburetor Rochester Dualjet carburetor, and was not available in California. The 2-barrel carburetor on the 305 cu in V8 was replaced with a 4-barrel increasing the 305’s output to 155 hp (116 kW). This was now the most powerful engine option (standard on California station wagons), as the 350 cu in V8 was no longer available, except as part of the police package option. The Oldsmobile-built 350 cubic-inch Diesel V8 was added to the option list for station wagons. This engine was rated at 105 hp (78 kW) and 205 lb·ft (278 N·m). To further increase fuel economy, all transmissions were equipped with an electronically controlled lock-up torque converter clutch.

guess I was wronge about the EFI badge! lol man i am getting old!

so they only used a straight 6 in 79? huh, i would’ve never known I’ve NEVER seen one. Cool. The damn pillow top interior is the shit. I’m looking for a set for my cad right now. Impossible to find, it only came with the D’Elegance package on cads. UGH

Hey Wayne, you ever “do it” in your Caddy?

no, i am not allowed to have adventurous sex. ever. :eek :eek

i’ve never even driven the caddy yet. lol

Here’s a question;

Say we had a place to hold say 150-200 cars and we held “events” Aside from DIY and DYNO DRAGS…Give me an idea or ideas on what it is you would like to “do”. Be real.

To get you started:

1. Burn out pad with good anchors
  2. Food/BBQ
  3. Accessory vending ie tattoo and body jewelry mfg trailer, window etcher, pinstriper, airbrushing…
  4. Video Gaming stations
  5. Music, piped or live
  6. group deals on what?
  7. co-ops with who?
  8. how often?
  9. should we have a import night seperate from american muscle night? why? Identify the “types” of groups that come together.
  10. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION you want to be in the street lights or behind them…:ponder

Thats a start! So sniff some 110 and lets see what we could call the perfect evening.

Darryl
Albany Speed Shop
www.albanyspeedshop.com (under construction, changing sometimes daily)

Hey - this is our summer ride!

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad64/dfcarl/racing/Prostock092.jpg

Couldnt read the whole thread with vomiting at idiocy…not sure what I may have missed…

Agreed… man, when you try to help, some fucking clueless naysayers start their shit. Amazes me. Whiney bitches abound. Ummm. Someone claimed he ran the dealership into the fucking ground, let me ask you this WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW.

For the record, I will believe it when I see it… but hope I do.

Ding Ding Ding

We have a winner

def liking the idea of a spot that everyone can go to hang out. food might be a good idea. i know there are times i get hungry when im at the lot but never really feel like getting McD’s. music would be sweet but wouldnt that draw unwanted attn? Accessory vending would be a cool idea but you def wouldnt need it but maybe once a month if that. maybe a poll once a month on wat ppl want or would like to see?

Play country music- that will keep the PR’s away.

:wtf

hey I like country music and I dont have an uncle dad

get this asphalt b/s outta here!!! lol

I want to hang out.

Sounds ideal, but like you said location is a hugeeeeee factor. Would obviously have to be a private location with a cooperative owner.