new lot for the summer.

The location has not been determined. The current address listed was removed. This whole program is developmental. We have a grandure idea fitting under the “tuner car bar” name plate umbrella. The progress will be slow and depend mostly on all of you. There are several aspects of the Speed Shop as it is not your average speed shop. We are looking to fill a niche different from RLM and Synapse. In fact cooperation between them is prefered. There is no relationship between New Salem Saab and Albany Speed aside from ownership. For Josh, thanks for the up beat comments!

For this Shift 518 members the speed shop will provide a DIY service place for you to rent a stall with lift to perform your own service and save some money. We can install speed parts for you or you can yourself. Buy ours or bring your own. We can test your car, bike, Kart, golfcart, truck, lawnmower or motorized cooler on one of two, two wheel drive Dyno’s. We can help you tune your whatever to maximize performance. There will be club discounts. We can tub your car, upgrade motors, trannys, whatever. We build custom parts, exhaust, skid plates, suspensions, whatever.
The primary focus is for all things racing, especially full body enclosed cars. Street and strip performance but mostly dirt and asphalt circle tracks cars.

I read the entire thread. Interesting to say the least. I understand your concerns as I have some too. Perhaps more now then before. The Saturday night activities are something special. Its a possible invitation to a location of business which will be open for DIY service, Dyno drags (over 500hp is a traction to roller issue) as well as having the showroom open if you would like to brouse the internet for automotive related speed parts, watch movies of different types or racing, talk shop, trash and soup about your car, your friend car or the neighbors car. I spent the time at the “lots” and have been throw out with the rest of you, just in a different decade. Places like burger king and before that a small gas station of fuller road, before that taft… Mostly many got the boot due to a few or something stupid we knew we shouldn’t have been doing in the first place. We did the same things after 2am. I’m skipping that part.

Trust is earned on the service you provide vs the cost you charge and the product you produce. Let those criteria be the future determination of how good or bad we become.

I appreciate your curiousity and feedback and encourage it.

Darryl
Albany Speed Shop aka A.S.S. (yeah we know, lmao)

Awesome. Sounds great! Hopefully it will be more fun than just a paved piece of pavement, because it will have so much more and I also hope the hype for this lasts longer than just the beginning of the summer, so people don’t just migrate back to the “old lot”. This has a lot of potential.

All the power to you! and Thanks!

-Konstantin

Sounds like it should be a fun time for sure. Look forward to meeting you guys!

sounds like good shit…eric(saaboost) gemme a shout if u guys need help friday nights, deal with the new car fell threw as i expected, so im saying fuck it again this yr and worrying about the truck

:rofl

GL!

How old are you guys? Just curious

im thinking they’re at least elligible for AARP

And theres several old guys that still fuck around

Certainly sounds like this whole thing has potential!!

Im def down to hang out.

ill be 18 this oct!!! cant wait to buy lottery tickets and drive past 9pm!!!

im also definately in for a new lot, this sounds like a great place to hang out.

Saturday April 17th 12:00 Noon
American Three Quarter Midget Racing Assoc. (ATQMRA)
New England Truck Series (NETS) 50L
Enduro 100L $1,000 to win!
Open Practice for all divisions

We’re entering 5 cars into the enduro, a pit crew is a must. LMK

We range between 25-55

im down shoot me a PM with ur number and well meet up before and shoot some shit!

+infinity on this post. I agree 100%. Too many babies on here crying about going to a new spot, yet whine when they get kicked out for acting like asshats.

Thanks for putting in the effort to help improve the local car scene, this definitely could turn out to be something special.

Personally, Id love to see a AWD dyno in the capital region. The closest dyno for us Evo/Sti guys is up at Moon in Lake Placid. Best of luck with the business!

The AWD dyno is on the radar, however we must fully utilize the 2WD Dyno first. The expense for the expansion to AWD is big.

We will have three Dynos…
One for cars and trucks up to 1250 HP
One for all small vehicles up to 50" rear track width, 400hp and 14,000rpm
One small engine dyno for all small engines from your golfcart to you snowmobile to your mini sport bike and all things inbetween.

Darryl

That sounds like a sweet set up

sounds good man!!! can’t wait to see this place.

Exactly, and if they show up and continue with the asshatery, they will be asked to leave. simple as that.

One thing to remember guys, they are also running a bussiness, and without the bussiness there isnt a “lot”. The rent a stall idea is something I had in my head for a long time, and think thats a great idea. There is allways people looking for a place to work.

I am looking forward to this, even more than going home and getting laid. Well, thats pushing it, but I honestly cant wait.