New Lotus exhaust (Video with sound clips)

[quote=“Rx3,post:40,topic:30921"”]

Actually it does. It’s a 4 cyl. engine Joe. Just like the civic, the 4g63, etc. etc.

The comparison is valid because it sounds similar.

I just listened to a clip with the stock exhaust note, and honestly I liked the stock piping exhaust note a bit better. But I still want to hear the new exhaust up close before making a final opinion.

[/quote]

Obviously, it’s a 4 cylinder, but that doesn’t mean they all sound the same. I’ve NEVER heard any Civic that sounds anything at all similiar to an Esprit 4.

I’ll bring it out soon, you’ll be able to hear it, don’t worry.

my car sounds fucking gay… i need a v8

what about a 4cly suburau wrx with exhaust they sound nothing like any other 4cyl i have heard

[quote=“jkucz28,post:43,topic:30921"”]

what about a 4cly suburau wrx with exhaust they sound nothing like any other 4cyl i have heard

[/quote]

That’s because of the engine layout.

Joe’s Lotus is an I4, just like the Civic has an I4, etc. The only thing that could make it sound different is the combustion chamber shape, the valves, and the headers.

The reason the Subaru sounds like it does is because the engine is a Boxter engine and there is a big gap from each bank of cylinders as opposed to the I4 engines where everything is much closer together.

It sounds throatier then any honda I have ever heard.

It has a way deeper tone across the power band and at idle

And firing order :wink: Which as a TON to do with sound.

debating whether or not all 4 cylinders sound alike is retardo. a camaro v8 sounds much different than a mustang v8 and same goes for v6’s.

joe’s car doesn’t really sound like a honda to me, and 4g63’s do not sound anything like a b18c5.

[quote=“MPD47,post:46,topic:30921"”]

And firing order :wink: Which as a TON to do with sound.

[/quote]

yes, forgot that one :slight_smile:

[quote=“Daddie,post:27,topic:30921"”]

It kinda reminds me of an SRT4 sound.

[/quote]

Agreed that was the first thing that came to mind.

As for the rest of you saying it doesn’t sound exotic enough, it doesn’t have a V12, and will never sound like one, so get over it.

I personally like it and if I’m correct its not your DD so theres no reason to worrying about droning or having it be too loud :tup:

In making custom manifolds I will say that the design of the exhaust manifold is what plays the largest role on how an exhaust sounds. This will change the pitch and volume of an exhaust.

Perfect example is listen to a subaru, then listen to a WRC rally car with an equal length headeR

EvoMR’s evo sounds totally different than most EVOS due to this as well. It’s all in the layout.

:picard:

Reading comprehension > moron Lotus sack riders.

[quote=“Rx3,post:44,topic:30921"”]

The reason the Subaru sounds like it does is because the engine is a Boxter engine and there is a big gap from each bank of cylinders as opposed to the I4 engines where everything is much closer together.

[/quote]

I love the way Subarus sound. You can tell what car it is before you even see it.

Anyway, I like the sound of the exhaust on the Lotus. I am sure it would scare me as I am puttering along down the road.

Walter, I love how you call anyone who likes something that you don’t a sackrider. :cjerk: