New member of the family

Welcome Luna!

Southern rescue from East Coast Adoption Agency ( https://www.facebook.com/eastcoastadoptions/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf ), litter of 9 found in a field. Picked her up from a foster 40 minutes past Syracuse on 6/4 when she was 8 weeks old. We were told shepherd/lab mix but I don’t see any lab yet. Looking at the pictures of Max when he was this age (our old pure bred shepherd) they look identical. Doesn’t really matter to me, she’s awesome either way. Curious to see how big she gets depending on how much lab is actually in there.

These were from the weekend we got her home:

And a couple from later, now that one ear is starting to stand and she looks extra goofy.

I know someone looking to unload a Newf if you are interested

I had a Lab / Shepherd / Collie mix. He looked just like yours. Dem are big paws. I would figure 100 lbs. +.

One is enough, just like my kid.

Cute dog man.

That’s a good looking dog! I wish I was home enough to have one

adorbs

I’ll even throw in a 55 gallon drum of Lysol cleaner for all the slober AND a few gallons of paint for when it ruins your porches.

Congrats!

Glad to see you rescued.

:slight_smile:

what a cutie! #wouldpet

cute, great looking dog, glad you got a rescue

Beautiful pup. What was your experience like with east coast adoption?

Incredibly simple. Sent a text to the foster asking about the pup early Thursday morning. Late morning they she was still available and sent an adoption form. Filled it out, emailed it back and by noon Thursday we were approved and had an appointment to come see the pup Saturday. Handed over $280 cash adoption fee and loaded the pup in the car for the ride home. They provide 30 days of insurance, first shots and records. She had had 1 of the 3 doses of the de-wormer so they gave us the final two to give at home. We picked her up around 11am Saturday and the puppies had only been dropped off from their ride from Tennessee at 11pm the night before. We were told all but one were spoken for and she was sending texts back and forth with a potential for the last pup while we were there.

One of the other agencies we started the process with was ridiculous. I understand they want to find good homes but the requirement for a minimum 5’ fence because we wanted a large dog was a deal breaker. Our 95lb pure bred shepherd never had an issue with our standard height chain link fence, even when the snow piled up to the point that he could have almost walked over it without jumping.

agreed, some rescues are insane to work with. Despite volunteering for a period of time with educate-a-bull, the easiest adoption experience I’ve had is with the buffalo animal shelter. I can say that they didnt ask about fencing, but my smaller guy can hurdle 3’ with ease, I’m sure with some practice (or snow) he would make short work of a ~4-5 foot fence. I’m glad I have a 6 footer now.