new mustang = twin turbo?

i wonder how strong the turbo6 engine will be… i can see it being pretty easy to have a 450hp v6 mustang if the engine is beefy enough.

i could care less if the mustang has a twin turbo 6 over a v8. i like my money to be burnt less fast out the tailpipe. :slight_smile:

Brian

lol… you’re talking about a company who is hardly getting that out of their refined V8 with a blower on it. I’m guessing they will put 5psi to a V6 and get 3-350 out of it and call it a day.

I like that.

Well, that day was sometime back in 1974.

Irrelevant anyway…

Traditionalists need not worry, though - V-8s will still be very much part of the Mustang program for 2010.

More powertrain options is good. Now let’s see an optional IRS setup.

They have a 5.0 but it isn’t pushrod, it’s ohc, it’s in the parnelli jones, and certain saleen models and even the steeda mustangs(which are awesome and no one knows about them) plus ford has had a 5.0 crate “cammer” DOHC motor for quite a few years.

Excatly. Ford has been moving forward with the modular engine. No way they would go and recreate a push rod motor. Like stated there are already a couple 302 cubic inch displaced modular mustangs. Ford even just introduced a new mod 302 block for purchase capable of withstanding 1200 hp.