New Orleans Faces Bleak Future...

this is scary shit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9150429/

yea, it really sucks for all of those poeple that live down there. All I can say right now is, thank god for snow… :gotme:

ill take buffalo snow of this ANYDAY

jesus…i can’t even begin to imagine how that must feel

man this is a disaster like no other. i was working at UB today and a customer came in who had just had to tranfer to UB from tulane cause of the disaster. Some heavy shitt

None of these residents should be surprised this happened. The whole town is below sea level and constantly supported by pumps, canals, and levys from keeping it afloat. What do you expect to happen when a hurricane hits? I say there pretty lucky it didnt hit with the force it hit in mississippi 145 winds destroy everything.

I got asked to go work down there and help with the cleanup, the only way I would go is if I was forced to go no volunteering for that. Im not rushing down there when I can stay put. Of course I would probablly just be sitting a in trailer all day not doing anything crushing #s and surfing.

yea times like these that makes buffalo winters look not so bad…

wtf? I didn’t realize that New Orleans is, er, was built on artificially dry land. They have to build dams and then pump the ocean back out? I.e. without human intervention New Orleans is naturally in the ocean???

They should move Mardi Gras to Buffalo! Our cold weather makes for nicer THOs’ anyways!

yea… but think about it, this hasnt happened in a couple hundred years, noone expected something like this to ever hit. Always 20/20 in hindsight.

think about the global warming?

i think there’s a close relationship between these furious hurricanes and the global warming… -__-

dang, looking and reading the news make me feel so sick…

seriously man, those people are in USA…this is a serious big ‘test’ for USA.

Yeah, and now is the time to pull all of the armed forces back to the USA to help out in this situation…

all? You need 120,000 soldiers? From every station?

They should have been expecting it, New Orleans is sinking and has been since it was built in the 1700s.
Our federal tax dollars pay for this too because private companies are smart enough to NOT insure that shit.
Government (my money) paying for ignorance - nothing new I guess.

Clue One to wether or not someone should evacuate:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40752000/gif/_40752130_n_orleans3_inf416.gif

“There will be a run on plywood, roofing and other nonstructural materials.”

awsome, building supplies are going to go up some more. they are already up a billion percent because of the war.

editGiven New Orleans’s desperate straits, recovery teams will not be able to do anything with the toxic mess except pump it into the Gulf of Mexico, ensuring that the contamination will spread to a larger area, he said. “There’s just no other place for it.”

:

even more awsomer

“Given New Orleans’s desperate straits, recovery teams will not be able to do anything with the toxic mess except pump it into the Gulf of Mexico, ensuring that the contamination will spread to a larger area, he said. “There’s just no other place for it.””

They are fucked.

Not only are they fucked with rebuilding, these fucking assholes are fucked because they shoot at medics trying to help people :bloated:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/01/katrina.impact/index.html

fuck rebiuilding it. its done. there is no rebuilding it. its a waste of money, time, and man power.

:edit: misread your post, below is still a valid point.

This is true up untilll 2003, when Bush cut funding to the new orleans area for levees and flood control to help fund his crusade in the middle east…so, less of your tax money than you think was going towards LA flood control.

could the tragedy been diverted if Bush had continued to fund LA?

im not educated enough in this area to say, check out this article though

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313

-Cheater-

heres an idea, let it return to natural swamp land and flood plans. It would do the world a lot better that way, plus save all of us from paying taxes to fix this shit.

EDIT: They are already doing this in the flood plains of the Mississippi River. Some towns that have been destroyed are not rebuilt, or the entire town is rebuilt a few miles away on higher ground.

It makes me sick how stupid people are acting.