new paint commin soon

just picked up my new paint…champ white…layin it on my teg…heres a few pics of the car and the paint.

you jock silent steve.

so you also will have a CW integra…it looks nice…should get rid of the side moldings while your at it…you will regret not doing it

actually silent steve jocks H2B Teg who had a championship white teg first :slight_smile:

yah i was thinkin about it…i gotta get a board sander tho…i have to cut out a little bit of rust in the rear and put in some new sheet metal…then i think im going to throw a b20 pully on it and that will crank the boost up to 10psi…im at 8 right now…then it i will be changing from tan leather to black cloth…

What kind of compressor and paint gun do you have? I’ve painted my car a couple times and it has been coming out like shit. I second time I think the body shop supply place gave me the wrong reducer. What brand/type of paint did you buy?

im usin my buddys compressor and spray gun…not sure what kind… and i got ppg paint, base coat, clear coat…did you paint yours with single stage paint?

Yeah I used single stage nason once, then centari. If I paint the car again this summer I’ll use base coat/ clear coat.

yeah it came out like crap because it was single stage… using base/clear it will come out much better…and i know it will be a drive for ya but i got my paint at Brown Randlle in Herkimer…that is where most paint shops get there paint…i got all my shit (base,reducer,clear and hardener) for 200…the guy said it was gonna be like 240 and i siad all i have is 200 what can we do with that…he ended up just charging me for the paint and the clear and gave me the hardener and reducer for free…lol full paint job for 200…i will def post pics when i get done painting…i think i will be doing it monday or tuesay…

Wow that’s pretty cheap, I payed probably $300+ just for the shitty Nason. That was in Schenectady Autobody Supply, I think now I’m going to get my supplies from the place near Everette Rd in Albany.

i would say just look around before you buy…300 pluse for single stage paint is crazy…

I think that included the primer, reducer, and retarder stuff.

you dont have to prime your car before you paint it…all you have to do is scuff up your old clearcoat…use 800 gritt wet sand paper and thats all you have to do before paint…unless you have to use bondo then you have to seal it with primer…and you can use a spray can primer for that… and im not sure if i said it but i got paint, reducer,clear and hardener measuring cups, filters,and stiring sticks for 200…

what kinda shape are your tan leathers in. im in the market for some

new paint layed down great…looks good.

looks good from the pics, but i can’t imagine no dust from the ground got in the paint

no dust at all from the ground…had a little problem with water drippin from a leak in the roof…but i can wet sand it out…

Dude your paint turned out nice, can you paint black that good? ha

lol i prolly could paint black…but wow all the work involved its nuts…

+1

did you spray the floor down with water to keep the dust down?

my buddy sprayed his car over the summer, he didnt listen to me about spraying the floor down and he had dust allover in his paint