New parts website

When I was at the Tokyo Auto Salon, I stopped at a booth and was talking with the guy that owns a company called “Ooparts International”, and he handed me his business card and said if I was looking for any Japanese parts to give him a call.

I just found his card again, and checked out the website and it seems pretty good. Lots of brands, prices are all there and there are specs for a lot of the parts that they sell. I just did a quick comparison on a set of JIC FLT-A2 coilovers with a price from Heavy Throttle, and it actually came out about $100CAD cheaper from Ooparts. Now, that doesnt include shipping from Japan, but at least the prices are competitive.

Anyways, if youre interested, check it out at http://www.ooparts-international.co.jp

I may order something small from them to see how the service is.

I’ve been to that site before. They have alot of hard to find “JDM” stuff.

Has any else ever tried www.japanparts.com? I ordered 2 Cusco strut bars and a Cusco shift knob and it took 3 or 4 days to arrive at my door. I highly recommend them.

Are those prices quoted in CAD or USD? They seem alright, but i get nervous ordering from the other side of the world.

It’s CAD; atleast that’s what my browser shows.

Don’t be worried, the service is very, very good. I’ve ordered stuff from them twice and I will be ordering from them many times in the future.

Its too bad that we cant really have places in Canada that can be competitive on price, just because there isnt the volume here. I always try to support local dealers, but when the price difference is a couple hundred dollars then it makes it difficult.