New Project Done!! PRL Racing "Murdered Out" Corvette Z06

Well after over a month the project is finally complete. This car has been a joy to work on and came out perfect. I couldn’t be happier. Some of you may have known about this project from with Pat himself or just by being at my shop during the same time. He wanted to keep it under wraps, but you know how hard that is!

It all started during me and Whiteys Florida adventure. One night after a late night at the bar, Pat said he wanted the Z06 flat black… It turned out my flight was the next morning. He said, why dont you drive the Z06 back to PA and do it. It took him all of an hour to make the final decision. I was skipping my flight and we were driving it back up to PA. Ill admit I was a little leary about painting this beautiful gloss black Z06 flat black, but thats what he wanted.

So the next morning, his roomate Mark and I set off for PA. It was a blast to drive that car from FL to PA. Almost everyone that we passed just stared. So we get the car back to PA and start searching for a flat black. We only spray BASF Glasurit paint… simply because its the best. It turns out BASF just released a flat clear coat (not a flatening agent, a total flat clear) but none of the paint distributors had this new flat clear in stock as it was just released a this April. So we went through the channels and were able to get a case of the clear within 2 weeks. Normaly you buy clear in gallons, but BASF only sells this clear in pints (because noone really paints a whole car flat back!)… so we had to buy a whole case of it.

According to our BASF rep, no one in the country has used this new flat clear to paint a whole vehicle. Some people use flatening agent added to regular clear for hot rods, etc… but according to him, no one has painted a whole car with this new flat clear.

So enough bullshitting… heres some pictures. It was raining outside when it left, so its wet in the pics… the pictures do this job absolutely NO justice at all. I used a regular shitty point and shoot digi camera… He is going to get a professional photo shoot when he gets back to Florida, and im sure he will post the pics. Man I need a SLR camera!

He also wanted some custom suede work done, here are some quick shots of that.

Getting ready to leave.

Upclose of how the paint looks, best I could get with my camera.

sweet. turned out great.

sex.

That’s sick! Nice work.

I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! Every new Corvette owner will hate it and ask why???

sweet…i like it !

You guys honestly have no clue how sick it looks in person, a regular point and shoot camera does it no justice at all. The flat black like shrunk the look of the car, it looks so tiny, tight, and sharp now. It looks like it should have came from the factory like that, some sort of special edition, etc…

It was so hard to capture the color with my camera, this is the closest shot I think I got to the actual color you see with the naked eye… it does not look grey at all like some of the pictures

bad ass

Thats pretty bad ass. Good job guys.

sicks… murdered

I saw/drove this car last nite, it looks amazing even when it was dirty. Everywhere we went last nite people were jumping out of cars and running up to it with cell phone camera’s in hand, absolutely amazing car

Oh im sure it was covered esp with the rain when he left. Im gonna miss looking at it out of my office window… now a new ugly ass VW beetle is in its spot :frowning:

One word… SICK!!!

looks amazing nice job

that is some dirty hot sex right there. great work guys. it’ll look even more awesome detailed up.

That might be the sexiest Vette ever.

Are the tail lights and side markers intentionally given that glazed look, or is that just due to it being rainy?

Great work Mark. I would expect nothing less for you and your guys.

That looks freakin’ tuff. I want to see it wiped down.

Love it.

The tail lights are done using a process that we actually came up with just to match this car… I LOVE how they came out. Its a mixture of tint and flat clear… they are as smooth as a babys ass and still reflect great. With the lights off on the car and the flash off on the camera, it looks really sick.

Too bad tinted tail lights are not really that “in” anymore, because I would patent the process!! The lights fit the car perfect… if you notice the rear marker and front marker lights are done also. We couldn’t have anything shiny on the car…