New Project Done!! PRL Racing "Murdered Out" Corvette Z06

Sick…

One question though, does it require something special to detail the car? Somehow waxing and polishing a flat black car just doesn’t seem right.

Whatever you did makes it look great.

Murda murda, only way to go and that that thing is sick

much better looking than this one

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894617

Thanks dude… yeah there is a difference between adding a flat agent to regular clear coat and actually using the flat acrylic clear itself.

I would really like to do a car flat silver…

I forgot to add… we removed and filled all Corvette emblems on the front and rear bumpers, also removed Corvette out of the rear bumper (it was indented in), the only thing left was the Z06 emblems, which of course were painted flat black.

what kinda MPG did it do from FL to PA. That had to be a hell of a fun trip.

Oh it was a great trip! Im not sure about actual mileage… but I think we only spent $160 in PREMIUM driving home from FL. I believe regular was around $3.30 or so. That thing got great highway mileage. 7.0L too… go figure…

Thats some damn good mileage. My FL to PA trip ran me just about the same.

Mark … That looks sooo sick!!

the real question is. Mark how did you see over the steering wheel !
:kiss:

Great Job, posted the pictures on another “flat black” thread on another forum

Have you seen the flat “denim” colors Harley offers. They do a flat silver and I think it looks really good. My wagon is silver. You can use it to experiment if you want.:blue:

what’s the difference between the glasurit and the carizzma flat clears?

Fox Marketing works with BASF, and I’ve seen a few of the flat cars. Like this WRX http://www.foxmarketing.net/project_cars.php?car=38

I didn’t give you enough props in my first post either… :bigok: :bigok: Good job, man.

Yeah I seen the Harley colors… they do look good. Sure I will experiment on your car, then experiment on writing the bill :slight_smile: Pats only took 134 hours to do… NOT counting paint materials… its defiantly not a cheap job, thats for sure!

Thanks for the compliments bro! It took a LOT of time and patience… the problem with the flat clear… you CANNOT buff it at all… so one minor spec of dirt = re-sand and repaint!

I looked at that link you posted… I believe the Carizzma line is just a color line, to appeal to the younger “flashier” crowed. The clear used on that car im 99% sure is Glasurit. If you notice they say Carizzma blue w/ flat clear, it seems they failed to put Carizzma blue w/ Glasurit flat clear. They only make that clear in Glasurit from what I have been told. Glasurit is the top of the line liquids from BASF. BASF also has a lower line called R&M which we will use on some of the regular cars, like 99 Cavaliers, etc…

Glasurit goes on all the Yenko Camaros, Novas, Z06, my Supra, the 1100hp Supra were doing right now at the other shop, etc…

For example, we got a gallon of red paint in Glasurit and it was over $730 or something like that.

Pat stopped by this afternoon, we cleaned the car up a bit and snapped some more pictures. You can really see the tail lights in these pictures, notice the marker lights are also done the same. Enjoy!

SWEEET…lights look good too :cool:

Pure Sex Dude … Seriously … AWESOME JOB!!

I still need to make it down there …

I just wish you guys could see it in person… with a good SLR camera and the right lighting… it would blow you away… defiantly cover of a magazine material, especially since its going to upgrade from 570rwhp to 800rwhp soon here!

Need to borrow my camera?

I wish!! It left already :frowning:

I really need to get a SLR… some of the stuff we do down here just can’t be captured with a regular point and shoot… and if your not here to look at it, pictures mean everything.