New ride

traded my 05 in on this last night. signed papers and pickin it up monday or tuesday. im excited. i loved my 05 and even tho its a similar car, the 08 is much improved, so im sure ill like this one even more.

nice

Congrats. I assume they gave you a good deal on it considering they can’t sell cars at all right now?

are those turbo now as opposed to supercharged?

nice purchase

yes that was one of the reasons he traded in

ya, its turbo. the sc was rated at 205 (but underrated) and now the tc is 260. but it has updated chassis / suspension, brembo fronts, launch control, limited slip etc. so itll be a nice upgrade. hopefully i will get to a couple auto-x’s on it. at the same time, its gonna be my highway work horse aswell, but that wont hurt it.

Does it have that powershift rev limiter thing? (2 Step?) That’s a pretty cool factory feature.

flashy.

ya the no-lift shift is basically so you can keep the boost up in between shifts. you keep the throttle pinned and in between shifts, the computer sorta takes over for a split second to manage the revs. similar to the launch control feature it has. you engage it, push the clutch in, pin the throttle and let the clutch out. no feathering the gas, the computer sorta manages it for you. pretty neat, im excited to try it all out.

hows the interior compared to your old coblat

What types of discounts were the offering?

not a huge change. my last one had the red/blk 2-tone aswell, but the seats are different. its almost like its suede in the center, and then a cloth-type material around it, and leather on the outsides. so the seats are def different, but very nice. the steering wheel is the same as a c6 vette’s, the radio is different. other than that, not much changed over my other one. a few more buttons to activate the traction control and all that, also.

as far as discounts, mine was an 08 employee car, so it didnt qualify for the promotions of a brand new one. but yesterday GM announced the ‘Presidents Day’ promotion which is 0% for up to 60/mo and 1.9 for 72/mo.

rebates ?

my dad just got a 08 equinox he got double rebate and double points off the gm card also gm employee discount

no rebates. one of the employess at the dealer owned it for a couple months and then turned it in. its considered used, so no dealer discounts. still got it for a great price tho and got good trade-in for the 05. i cant complain. i tried getting a 08 left-over at Day Chevrolet but the salesman was a huge douche and completely disrespectful, so it didnt work out. then i came across this one.

nice, im not too into cobalts, but that actually looks tasty,plus they have def. improved it since the original ss

Looks good, I like the turbo SS sedans as well. They are def. priced right for the power they are claiming.

Nice car… I was thinking of getting one of those for a while… good thing i didnt.

how is the launch control and the 0 lift shifting? any turbo lag?

LNF = FTW

Now I know why you wanted my stock 17’s… haha

why are you glad u didnt?

ill let u know tommorrow how the NLS and all that is, i pick it up tomm morning.

cause putting a kid in and out of a 2 dr cobalt would blow