New snow clearing toy

My 1968ish Ariens died clearing the last big snowfall. I went over the basic things (basic carb adjustments, oil, plug, gas) and it wasn’t any of those. I wasn’t about to put much money into a machine that old so I hit craigslist and picked this up last night:

As you can see from the auger it hasn’t seen much use.

2 years old, 10.5 HP, 28" cut. Now it needs to snow again. A friend of mine who’s a little better with small engines than I am is going to help me look at the old Ariens tonight. If I can get it running for less than $50 I’ll fix it and throw it up on CL.

Awesome, how loud is it? How much did you pick it up for?

Typical small engine loud. Got it for $500.

Now that you bought this it won’t snow anymore this year.

If that’s the truth it’s money well spent.

PS: If anyone wants that kerosene heater in the background give me an offer. Works great but I upgraded to a nice little propane heater for the garage and need this thing gone. FS ad coming soon.

I was hoping for a vette thread

Is this what I have to look forward to when I get old?

That looks like a hell of a deal for $500!

i should have bought one with the joystick style shoot aimer device… my craftsman has the screw turning left/right one… which is OK 90% of the time… but still kind of annoying that i cant chage the throw height easily…

i upgraded the handles on mine to heated ones (makes a big differance) and im going to add one of those big covers to it so i dont catch so much snow in my face when its really windy

It has the joystick shoot control. Left/right turns the shoot, back and forth changes the deflector for height.

With the help of a buddy we got my old one running great tonight, so now I have two perfectly running snow blowers. Next snow I will use the old one and make sure it’s running good then put it on craigslist.

shovel.