New to 518 - Albany Evo X

im 15. my dad bought my car for me. and i cant even drive it yet

:open_mouth:

lol…welcome dude, love the rims…youll probibly see me out and about, im in west albany so im in colonie and albany quite often

Yeah there are very few of us. I know of two black X’s, including mine, a Gray one in Latham and yours and the other blue one mentioned in this thread. I saw a white one before but it might have been a Ralliart.

If you’re going to NJ to Ivey let me know I was thinking about doing the same thing. I’m 31 by the way.

thanks - unfortunately the painter didnt paint the weights! i have to do that once it gets warm…do you guys meet up at all?

we try to when its warm. but it usually turns into a crime scene.

also why did they use the clamp on weights and not the stick ons?

how many miles do you have? are you stock? i have about 1600 miles and just have a k&n filter. i did notice a nice diff w/ the k&n - car is much smoother now and sounds a lot better - do you post on evolutionm.net?

im definately interested in heading down in the spring - i thinks he likes ecutek but i’d like to use the cobb protuner since you can flash back to stock when you have to bring it into the dealer

i bought the car and when i negotiated to my bottom line price i said its only a deal if you get me black rims - so they had a painter come in and i got the car then - the guy had a van and painted it right on the lot so thats prob. why i got the clamps and not the stickies - i got chastized on the evo site for the going w/ the clamps and not the stickies lol - once i paint them it shouldnt be a big deal - what paint should i use??

my dad said my car was hideous and couldnt understand y i wanted the black rims - then he drove it and i couldnt wipe the smile off his face…

I have about 4000 miles on mine and I’m completely stock. I’m looking into getting the Works drop in filter to lean out the AFR and then get the tune. Definitely picking up the Access Port too. I wish there was a reputable tuner in the 518 but from what I hear Ivey is the closest and one of the best. I do post on EvoM with the same screen name as here.

What dealer are you using locally? I use Mangino and they’re fairly forgiving when it comes to mods.

yea i heard nothing but good from the works - sport tuner (i think was the mag) reported +22 hp on the k&n. it does run lean but that still sounds really high. i bought my ride from denoyer. i got it w/ a hail damaged hood for around 27k at 0% for a 38.5k car! i wouldnt be driving it w/o that deal…

^awesome deal.

yea - i’m thinking about replacing the hood w/ this but i don’t want to look too rice so i’m nervous…what do you think

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-vendor-group-buy-specials-classifieds/391513-evo-x-gt-concept-hood-group-buy.html

oops meant runs rich - not lean

Well you certainly would’nt have to worry about cooling that’s for sure. :smiley: If you like it then go for it, it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.

it looks good on white but i’m not sure on blue…the ralliart tails look nice but thats crazy to spend 350 on tails - i’m waiting for a totaled ralli so i can get some cheap at the dump

Yeah me too. The tails are hot but way too expensive. I’m looking to upgrade to the HID’s too but there like $2,000.

I saw a blue EVO in Glenmont a couple weeks ago. I wonder if that was you, haha

yea the hids are nice - i like driving people crazy w/ them lol - they came on my car and you can adjust them - i set them to the highest point (you can see more) but it really annoys people - they are always pulling over and letting me pass.

i def. wouldnt spend 2k on them - they are nice but not that nice!! i would def rather have navi then the hids

yea - was prob. me - i live about 3 min from glenmont - i’m always at that cumbys - say whats up next time you see me

haha, sweet I’m right in Delmar. If you see a red miata with a green hardtop that’d be me

there is a guy that works at pizza central by my house with tint, a huge fart rocket and HID’s, hunt him down