New to 518 - Albany Evo X

i heard something about the same shop looking for a car to do some prototype stuff on. does anyone know what parts theyre looking for a guinea pig for?

Intake, Exhaust, FMIC, Hard I/C Pipes, ect ect

do you have any clue how long they would need the car for fmic, intercooler pipes, or exhaust? and how long will they need the rims to powercoat them.
do you know if theyre looking to produce a single or dual exhaust?

ive already got an intake, but i might be interested in prototyping some other parts. depends how long they need the car for.

e-mail Seth at zonkwrx@yahoo.com and he’ll be happy to discuss details with you

i volunteered a few weeks ago but never got a phone call back! got a few emails that he was going to call me but he never did…not giving me a simple callback on an inquiry got me nervous. theres no way im turning my car over to someone who cant return a phone call!

how much for powdercoat? i noticed today my painted rims are already taking some abuse from some rocks…will powder coating avoid this?

i’m down for iveytune…if i’m going to go for it i might as well go for the best. i’ve been waiting for ms live to offer 30% cashback again for ebay purchases to make it wicked cheap for a cobb ap. i got some great deals in dec. w/ that but i didnt pull the trigger on the ap

prices are posted in the first post of that thread

Sean Ivey is a good guy, I’ve worked with him on a few projects. His new shop is more of a warehouse…but is coming along and is about time he got his own place to work out of. He tuned my attorney’s Evo VIII which put down almost 600whp…nasty car. Can’t go wrong with Sean IMO.

Seth from Moon!:hyper:

If I were en epeleptic that smiley would totally eff my life

are you guys set on iveytune or would you consider dynoflash? ive had a few friends tuned by big al at dynoflash and ive heard great things. im giving him a call soon and i can ask about a group discount if we call go down together. dynoflash is only about 2 hours away i believe.

bak in december he told me that if i bought AP through him he could give me a discount on a custom tune. im gonna see if he will still do this. if the three of us all got APs and tunes he could probably give us a pretty good deal. if you guys are open to dynoflash i will try to look into it.

hehehe… I’ll let celtic1982citec chime in on that :smiley:

I would stick with Sean Ivey though deadbeat on here had has evo 8 tuned by Al and his car ran great

Al is about as useful as a slice of Wonder bread. Great if you fancy peanut butter and jelly, but worthless otherwise. He is rude, doesn’t care about your car, and if/when you have problems he has zero follow up or customer service. He is actually downright offensive as can be attested to by EJEvo, Mike Rubin (not sure if he’s on here), and several others. I’ve had to fix a good number of ‘Bro’ tunes which are a bastard because he’s a computer guy and ‘locks’ the ecu so his ‘tune’ isn’t stolen. It’s a joke. To get your Evo X tuned on an AP call Seth at Moon, Sean at IveyTune, or Chad at CBRD. They all do great work, are curtous, and always willing to take the time to follow up with you if there are any questions. Moon is the closest, followed by Sean, then Chad. Up to you from there.

How old are you? I was w/ my wife the other day at exit 23 and some 18yr old girl was like “i know you - you were showing off driving like a maniac in front of me the other day” lol - i didn’t think it was me so i’m thinking you were the culprit…my wife wasn’t amused…

I’m 27, and live in Niskayuna. And how can you possibly point a finger at me when I don’t have an Evo any longer? I’m a bit taken back by what you just posted.

lol - i thought you were the guy w/ the blue evo x in troy?? if not - sorry lol

oops - it was this guy!

Reading comprehension > you.
I owned an 05 Evo VIII GSR and 06 IX MR. Never an X. Have an STI now. Tune Mitsu and Suby. Hence all my insight as previously posted.
False accusations aren’t cool.