new to NYSPD, 96 T-Bird

sureshot :zong: indeed.

:gtfo:

Welcome.

welcome.

my machinist has a 3.8L mustang with a procharger i think. its a built 4.XL now and he spent considerable time on the heads. he has the superchips flash setup so he spent some time on the dyno dialing it in on the low amount of boost it runs. runs low 13’s at 110 with the stock gears and automatic. not the fastest but a fun comfortable daily driver. he has a T56 waiting and some gears if the auto goes. then the boost goes up.

Brian

not to make anyone mad but fords do suck the big one…all fords. hence why cops use fords cuz they like to suck the big one lol no offence to anyone. im just board realy. but ya if ur going to was 90’s muscle get a chevy or dodge

dude, dont you drive a paseo??? if so, who do you think you are, taking a steamy dump in this guys thread?

Brian

brian, thanks for jumping in. you’ve got a really damn good point.

ricers-r-us…you have a point yourself. i kinda expected this to happen sooner or later on a performance oriented thread. ford, while making some great quick cars over the years, is mainly a producer of cars for the masses. unless it’s got a GT/SVT/SVO/Cobra/5.0 badge on it, it’s probably not going to be that much fun to drive. building a car is all about trade-offs; in order to get good gas mileage, you’re going to have to tune a motor for less power. since most of ford’s sales (i would imagine) come from SUVs, vans, and family cars, they are going to build those specific vehicles to meet the average owner’s expectations and needs, which in most cases, is going to be comfort, safety, fuel economy, and practicality. not exactly something you want to see on a performance thread, huh? which is why i see where you’re coming from. but watch what you say about the fords, because there are a ton of 5.0/Cobra/GT/SVT Focus owners who will be pretty eager to talk to you. i try to make it a point not to talk shit about a car until i’ve driven/owned it, and that hasn’t pissed anyone off so far.

besides, if you really think my ford sucks the big one, why don’t we line up with your Paseo, and we can see what happens.

i’ve seen a few of those buildups on various V6 sites online, they make my jaw drop everytime. 3.8’s aren’t the best stock, but i love seeing people throw boost at them. i wouldn’t mind doing what you machinist has done a few years down the road in my own garage.

yeah his build is pretty cool.

Brian

nice car man, owned a few myself.

had a 91 3.8lx
another 91 3.8lx
an 89 SC and a 97 4.6Llx (and a 93 mark VIII)

great cars… perfect highway cruiser. I will own another some day. Welcome aboard and don’t mind the haters.

thanks for the welcome. no matter where you go, someone’s always gonna ruin the party. how did you like the mark compared to the 97 LX? i figure that by the time i buy another one, i’ll want 8 cylinder power with tons of comfort.

I resent that :deadhorse2: lmao

Welcome norbie… or noobie

What’s up mate? I know/ knew your sister.

you = joshy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBOOST4U
I resent that :deadhorse2: lmao

Welcome norbie… or noobie

you = joshy?

my sis knows a lot of guys…introduce yourself?

it was an awesome car… very clean, but had a few problems with it, otherwise I’d still own it.

obviously because of it’s weight it wasn’t the quickest thing off the line, but that motor pulled great once the car was moving. I had relatively high Et’s (high 14’s) with some high mph’s so some tires would of helped too.

The best part of it though was that it was a comfortable car to drive with alot of cool features. The self leveling was pimp… sure enough, when you hit 55 (or was it 65?) the whole car lowered about an inch for better aerodynamics.

The car had alot of power for what it was, had a lot of luxury and a very unique look. It always got looks at cars shows

heres a pic, albeit not the best one but all I could find at the moment.

that’s a great looking car; the SVT’s really set it off. hard to believe that it’s a '93. Mark 8’s were always styled way ahead of their time, so it looks more like a '97 in that picture. the things you list for performance are a coincidence, because my car is the exact same way. sluggish off the line, decent at speed. of course, a Mark V8 is going to be very different from the 3.8, but somehow you’d think that they would be different in total performance.

and btw, i want that self-leveling system. imagine swapping it out…:ohnoes:

Welcome!

Umm, I’m Aaron I don’t think I’ve ever met you but I used to hang out with your sis over the summer. I drive a exploder if that helps at all?

no, haven’t met you but you seem cool man. who could forget sexycivic04…i just read through that entire thread she started and i almost threw up…:picard:X(45902680246e2464906423)

Ahahahaha that’s true. You were supposed to come to Import Tuners Fest or something in Canada right?