New toy

Needed a new hobby, and I’ve always liked guns. So I threw down a nice chunk of change for a new Kimber Tactical Custom II .45. Im still a noob to guns but Im learning fast. I got this and my CWP on the 21st. I put 100 shots through it so far out at wexford game lands, I like it so far. Anyone else wanna go shoot?

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/kimber.jpg

damn i was looking into getting a nice hand gun

Yea, and I WAS looking into a cam for my camaro… :frowning:

$1000 gun > $1000 cam setup with 10-bolt.

-j

NICE piece dude! Kimber’s are known to be among the best of the best in the 1911 world.

I’m a certified gun nut myself…

I hope you aren’t carrying it yet, though. You should put much more range experience under your belt first, and get more comfortable with the safetys.

Yea I heard Kimber is among the best, which is why I didn’t mind spending the extra $ for the investment.

I have been carrying with a full mag, but with the chamber empty. I want to get comfortable with having it on me.

The range will be my 2nd home for a while.

nice, this made my mind up, im soo getting one

Nice, then you can pick me up and we can drive really f’n fast to the range.

-j

Love 1911, hate palm saftey. Such a bitch to de-cock. Its a beauty though clark. I carry a .40 CZ full time. It doesn’t have a saftey, but its ok. I keep it chambered. My favorite to shoot is the 9mm. Well, that and a bushmaster. hehe. .45 are fun when you have something that will blow up when you shoot it. Otherwise the 9 kicks ass for target practice.

Where do you go shooting. I haven’t been in a long ass time.

I like the idea of the palm safety. Bitch to de-cock?

Wexford game lands is where I went.

-j

I don’t like guns… but if thats your thing- cool.

Otherwise the 9 kicks ass for target practice.

Yeah, 9mm is my preference for target practice with handguns. You can’t beat the price of surplus FMJ 9mm ammo. .45 gets expensive.

The grip safety on a 1911 can be pinned if you’re not intending to carry it, ever.

The “high grip” technique, favored by most people who know how to shoot/splits fast and accurate, is favored due to better recoil controllability by getting the bore axis as close to the palm of your hand as possible.

High gripping generally leads to failing to deactivate the unpinned grip safety, tho.

i don’t mind guns…but i don’t see why someone would dump $1k or whatever into something thats going to get used MAYBE 1-2 times a month @ a range…& the rest of its time in a case or being show off to friends…

hey look what i bought…ok now what.

just seems like a waste to me.

like gearhead & i say…for that kind of money you better be shooting like 2 people a month.

& last time i check guns were not toys?

Awesome gun!!

Kimbers are the shit!!

I just bought a Spring Field XD-40 recently …
Im down to go shooting … havn’t been shooting in a while …

I spent $1k for something reliable and trusted. It will be at the range, or on my hip. Not sitting in a case. I hope I never have to put someone down, but there are to many crazy people in this world to not be protected.

I dont view my gun as a toy, just didnt title the thread “New Gun”.

As for the high grip, you can grip this thing as high as you’d like, your still gonna push on that grip safty.

:rofl:

I totally agree. The only way I would get into guns is if I was a hitman, or simply on a mission to shoot dumb people. …which if i owned a gun, I would not be able to restrain, HENCE why I don’t own firearms.

SWEET kimber though, quality investment that will last you forever :spank:

x2

Nice gun… 1911 style! I really like those guns but im a small guy and they are definatly not carry friendly for myself or id already own one. I am a Sig fan… I carry a Sig P239 .40 and LOVE it. Congrats… be safe and enjoy it.

must be nice to be able to carry a handgun. Cant do that shit down here.

Thats cause all u homos live down there… :eek4dance