New Toy

toy?

If you want easy to conceal, buy a 3" barrell .45 not an exotic caliber.

If you want easy to conceal, buy a 3" barrell .45 not an exotic caliber.

.45 ACP is longer than .45 GAP- therefore, the grip has to be wider to accomodate the longer round. Bigger grip = bigger gun…personally, when I carried, I carried a 2" barrel .357 magnum. But if you’re looking for deep concealment, you’re going to want any advantage you can get- so a shorter round (and subsequently, a thinner grip) is obviously not a bad thing.

As far as I know quite a few law enforcement groups are adopting the .45 GAP (including the PA and NY State Police)- so much for it being an “exotic” round.

9mm has plenty of stopping power with the right ammo if you’re THAT worried about concealment.

Not as much as .45 GAP does. Why does it bother people that a new caliber is available? I remember the same crap back when .40 S&W first came out. Now the same people who complained about it think it’s the best thing ever.

I dunno I don’t think that way.

Nice!

I look at it like this- .45 GAP is ballistically the same as .45 ACP.

.45 GAP is overall a lot shorter than .45 ACP.

Good or bad is up to your opinion I guess, but at least it’s another option.

My point was more comparing a smaller round for concealment to a full size gun. Personally I would just buy a reliable smaller gun in a 45.

Im prob buying kimbers ultra carry II next, it will be my first exp with a 1911. trigger pull takes some getting used to.

will you stop back peddling and shut the fuck up please… your input is bullshit opinion… same with sdkwhatever…

GAP is ‘harder to find’ as in it’s not at every walmart… every range i’ve gone to has it so far and it’s the choice of ammo for pa state troopers… so it’s redily availible.

two posts ago you said to carry a smaller barreled 45 now you’re saying a 9 is what to carry…

a big rock thrown at someones face has plenty of stopping power, do you carry rocks in your pocket?

swartz pretty much put the issue to bed… gap isnt’ a bad choice and will always make more sense for a concealed gun. so fuck all you haters with obviously no first hand experience with it… as you wouldn’t be making incorrect and dumb assumptions.

LOL!

It’s obvious you can’t read an entire post all the way through before making retarded comments. The 2 statements I made were ENTIRELY UNRELATED

Here i’ll write it so you understand it:

IF you are DEAD SET ON carrying a .45 go with a small barrel

IF concealment and size is your ultimate goal there’s nothing wrong with 9mm or 380 for that matter.

And who the hell buys carry ammo at walmart anyway. If i’m going to CARRY a gun I sure as hell won’t need more than 1mag anyway but my guess is 90% of the people involved in these gun threads don’t carry for protection as much as carry for the penis factor…IF they carry at all.:rolleyes:

Try again?

IF concealment and size is your ultimate goal there’s nothing wrong with 9mm or 380 for that matter.

I don’t disagree…but if GAP offers superior ballistics in the same size package, why would you have a problem with it?

I don’t, my comments were towards those bitching that it was expensive yet justifying it by saying it was smaller. If you’re going to bitch the price is higher but want something smaller then get a differen’t gun and stop complaining.

whatever your conditionals are for owning a firearm, they mean nothing to me. gap ammo is a good alternative, i’ve had this argument over and over again and being a gap owner i don’t see the downsides listed. the walmart comment was to point out that who gives a shit… so referring to that in any manner only strengthens my argument… ranges have cheap ammo and it’s easy to find carry loads… i don’t put 1000’s of rounds through my .45 so the argument is negligible.