State Police, 9mm out, .45 cal in.

For those of you that don’t know guns, basically the cops will now be able to bust a much larger cap in your ass.

http://www.wkbw.com/Story.aspx?type=ln&NStoryID=16107

:tup: 9mm is pretty weak considering what these guys sometimes have to go up against.

Horray, RPD, MCSD have all gone to .45. There gonna have a little less ammo on them now. .45 cal glock mags are only like 15 rounds or so, instead of 20 9mm. So with 4 mags they still got 60 rounds to cap.

Doesnt matter how many rounds you carry if you can’t hit anything. The .45 is my favorite small arms ammunition. it is like throwing a fucking cinderblock. It does not look too impressive on the balsitics sheets, but damn is it a man stopper. Only problem is it will go straight threw a person and kill the next 2 people behind them lol.

who needs 20 shots anyway, with a 9mm you need to be precise its a small bullet. With a .45 aim center-mass and fire away. That perp wont have a back left, the exit wounds will be so big.

My step-dad is an ex-sheriff and always carried a .38 snub-nose with 150 grain loads. He always told me it could kill a deer. Never beleived him til he hit my neighbor’s dog, and the guy asked him to kill it. Holy fuck was that a mess.

State Trooper Accuracy ratings have increased substantially in the past 10 years. It use to be 1 out of 5 shots would hit someone at 25 meters. 75 feet. Now its 3.5 out of 5. So its getting better, so now it takes less of them to take someone down.

Your step-dad, i assume carried that while he was Civi. was it a .38 special? longer round… becuase a regular .38 with a 150grain load would go so slow…

WTF

Having shot both, I prefered the Colt .45 to the 9mm Baretta as it’s very accurate for a larger bullet. After shooting the .45, I don’t want any other firearm.

.40 cal is a nice round also, but good choice on ditching the 9mm

Best hand gun roudn for 1 shot stops is the .357 mag 125 gr jacketed hollow point and the 45 acp 230 grain hydra shock both at 96%, followed by 40 S&W 165 gr hp at 94% than 9 mm 115 hr hp+P+ @91% and the 38 speical 110 gr +P+is at 81% so among the 4 big boys there is little difference. There are soo many war stories an soo much hype from WWI and WWII, Korea and Nam about teh 45 acp it’s hard to distinguish reality from stories. yes 45 acp over penatrate, if you use ball ammo (230 Jacketed round nose) but if your using ball ammo in anything other than target shooting or a war, you’re an idiot. Shot placement is more important than anyother single factor. The 9mm got a bad rap beacuseof poor shot placement and situation management by the FBI in Miami inthe late 80’s or early 90’s where 2 bad guys were hit multiple times but still lived long enoguh to take out a few agents. What the public and anti 9mm people over looked was that every single one of the cars involved in teh situation had MP5 Machin guns in the trunck and only 1 came into play. They over look the fact that none of the 9mm hit were center of mass and they over looked the fact that all the cars had 12 ga shot guns and only 2 came into play. That where a lot of the bad rap for the 9mm comes from. I’d rather face a punk with a 45 who probably coldnt’ hit the braod site of a barn than sombody like Rob Latham with a .22 who could put 10 rounds into one hole in 3 seconds. and if you shoot a deer with a .38 your probably just gonna piss him off unless your real close and have a perfect shot.

Stang, the problems that arise with a .357 mag its a large weapon with, I beleive at most 6 shots. Granted that amount of ammo is 95% of the time enough, no one wants to get caught in a gun fight outta ammo.

Have you ever shot a .357 mag? Its a fucking cannon, a 6inch flame comes out the end and it bucks up about 6 inches IF you have a strong wrist. plugging more than one shot in the same hole takes a LOT of skill/strength/endurance. There are women on the force.

as for the deer thing
“The old 9mm Luger, .38 Special, .44-40, and .45 Colt cartridges will also do for shorter-range hunting with expanding bullets (as far as 50-75 yards, depending on the load and the size of the target).”

from http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_hunting.htm.

And I’ve personally hit a gallon jug from 25-30 yds with no formal handgun training.

give them 44 magnums FTW…Internal Affairs will suddenly get a lot less busy, no one will survive a police shooting

Have I ever shot a .357, only about 5000 rounds worth, mostly through a 6" barreled Dan Wesson but quite a fe through an old Ruger and a Taurus stubby.and i’d hardly call it a cannon. I carry a .357 stubby when i feel like i need a wheel gun and used to hunt with a 44 mag. AS for using a 38 or 9 for hunting, no way are they enough for a deer, having seen what a 357 does, or rather doesnt’ do to a deer, there is not way a 38 with a lot less energy would do much. As for the link you posted, finish reading it, the very next sentance: The .30 Carbine, .32 Magnum, 9mm Luger, .38 Special, and .38 Super are primarily useful for animals of 50 pounds live weight or less Most deer are a hell of a lot bigger than 50 lbs.

44 mags only come in around 91%

Great…I love all the videos where state troopers unload mags at suspects and hit nothing…

:tup:

50cal deagle > *

I am not worried about the shooting accuracy of the State Troopers - what about the local cops that can’t hit the broad side of a barn???

And for the record - it’s personal preference. I would carry a .38 super, because I could draw, unload the mag in your face, and holster before you even know what happened. But I wouldn’t recommend everyone to carry them, because most people don’t have the same marksmanship skills/training that I have (which, I might add, every cop should posess).

I like the idea of cops carrying less ammo. Goes back to the old military argument about semi auto vs bolt action rifles - if you can only fire a few rounds slowly, it forces you to be more accurate when shooting. So when I am just walking by, I would prefer the cops only take one shot and hit the bastard.

Nice. Now when the cops shoot an unarmed guy 81 times there will be less of him to clean up.

Hahahahaha

Yeah, whats the point of giving them .45’s?

Seems this could only give cops problems now if they have to worry about where the bullet is going after it hits there target.