New Toy

I’ll keep my SPEC experience to myself. Good luck.

i HATE my spec

I was also looking at a spec clutch for my gto. Both vengeance racing and speed Inc talked me out of it. They both said quality went to shit and they have had no luck with them. I went with the RPS twin.

Clutch held at MIR this weekend… A little too good. :smiley:

just dropped the camaro at the house thanks fran =)

thank you buddy. and yes the clutch held just fine. Grabbed HARD lololol.

just like my hawk pads son

My builder has the ACT twin (forget the exact disc pairing since they offer a lot of options) in his 875 RWHP corrected (it was doing a c-hair over 900 uncorrected, which is what the clutch is actually dealing with) C6Z. He also has a customer he built a LSX 454 w/ a YSi that is well over 900 on the ACT.

Anyway, FWIW I haven’t heard the horror stories from the SPEC Twin that the singles have.

So what broke? Sorry to hear something let go… good luck getting it fixed!

-TJ

We need some pics!!

Im assuming the output shaft/tailshaft/whatever you want to call it broke, But I guess fran will confirm or deny

confirm that lol.

still waiting on parts to come available for the damn transmission. if i had a mustang the parts would already be on the damn car…

so when are the twins going on

lol if i go that route…motor work should begin soon. staying stock displacement…and using boost to make up for not going bigger.

hmm well the trans will be leaving next week for rpm trans to get a full rebuild done. Also we will be dropping in a medium compression 418 ls3 from texas speed. Then a fuel cell with a full host of magnafuel parts along with much larger injectors… Still need to look into exactly how big of injector i can go while keeping the car streetable. Then a custom setup for boost that will still utilize the tvs2300 but I will actually be pulleying up on the s/c to create less boost…

boo no more garage ornament jokes =(

svo 80s are plenty for ya. they are 92lb injectors at LS base fuel pressure. Thats plenty of injector and dont require a resistor box. They idle fine with the correct tables for the injectors. good luck with the build!!!

damn that sounds sick fran. been wondering what the status was on your car. good luck!

I’m actually not to sure of that…what is the peak hp that 92lb injectors usually deal with? And thanks. I may end up asking you for some help.

thanks jeff. its gonna be a pretty unique build for an ls…especially for a new maro.