New Toy

Damn. I just told my wife last night that I should trade my 350z for one of these since I have a baby now and could use the back seat. I was not expecting a pass that quick in a nearly stock car.

i award you with -50 cool points for driving up and down East Carson revving your shit.

pretty sure i went down once. and the girl in the passenger seat was getting a kick out of it…u do know what girls are right :wink:

i’m down. say when…better be soon. blower will be here monday LOL.

my girlfriend would make fun of me for doing that. :kekegay:

Did you get it tuned w/ the headers etc. yet? I’d expect more MPH.

-TJ

He tuned it with the headers… 112 trap is quite stout for a full exhaust car :wink:

seen catback LS1s trap 110-111

the LS3 camaro should be every bit faster

ya i guess the fact that its heavier doesnt affect it at all ? :stick:

lets not hijack it even more. 400rwhp should take care of the 300lbs difference

here comes the bench racing

Very nice car btw

Can I stick my penis in it’s tail pipe?

maybe fran will let you do him since he swings both ways

always an insult when u talk about someones car besides yours

sorry not an insult. Fran has a nice car, i was speaking in general on the whole performance of the new camaro

new camaro has a bigger motor with over 100 HP more and runs slower then the 4th gens.

How’s that,they both did 12’.80’s stock!!

yes but one has over 100 more hp even tho its 300lbs more thats only 3/10s
100more hp and not mention almost 100 lbft is usually good for 8-9/10s gain.

new camaro with its weight and etc should be .5 faster then a 02 SS

well lets see…

99% of that extra weight is rotating mass from the wheels since the new camaro needs bling and you can’t get it with a lighter 16" wheel.

the tires are a ridiculous 28.7" tall compared to the 4th gen’s 25.7"

and then let’s factor in the new camaro’s drivetrain. Yes the motor has about 100 more hp/tq than the good ole LS1, but compare what both cars are typically dyno’ing at. All that new/heavy drivetrain and IRS soaks up a lot of HP, and the end result is there being only a ~50-60 hp difference between the two. So you basically have an extra 50-60 rwhp to make up for that 300 lbs, not 100.

Don’t even get me started on the stupid IRS crap

There’s a guy on ls1tech that is setting all the 2010 camaro records, and when he was headers/tune only, he was trapping about 112 mph @ a 2000 DA(seems about on par with BoostedYards86’s). I think he has now ended up running like 11.8 @ 116 with bolt ons, tune, and using 18’s af full (3800 #) weight.

So there are your reasons why the new camaro is blowing the doors off of the 4th gen f-bodies.

/ricer math
/bench racing

quik ur truck made how much power & u only ran a 12 sec pass :rolleyes:

quik JR:blah:

danhr JR.

both figuritevly and literally.

Pleas stop whoring this mans project thread,Thank u!

dont even speak tape recorder. and 12.1 at 121 on 13psi with a 2.4 60’ isnt to shabby for 2nd attempt weighing in close to 4700 race weight and my truck wasnt built by GM.

what have you ever done besides get all highed the fuck up and wreck into a telephonepole mulitiple times?

exactly the engineers ruined this car. it has always been a straight line performer. IRS is for corning but since yuppies wanted a car that rode smooth they used a IRS. FIgured the car with its new price tag would go after another kind of crowd. as for wheel size that goes right there with trying to keep up with the Jones. Fact is still with the LS3 or L99 it doesnt live up to the name. the New t56 it runs isnt as strong as they claim either.

i like the car’s looks but the driveline isnt ideal for straightline performance and is talked down my plenty of ppl.