New year, same problems

I still have a leak from my gas tank. It leaks at the top seal. The pump holder is in good shape, I used a new seal first, GOOP second and the same seal. The tank side of the seal is in good shape as well.

2nd problem, anybody who has seen my car’s dyno sheets or seen it while on the dyno, noticed my exhaust at WOT was the loudest there. I believe that is from retarded timing at higher rpms. I may be wrong. From my chart I see, a pronounced dip before 5k, with a corresponding catchup a couple hundred rpm later. This is noticeable while driving as well. If you go WOT at 2500rpm you feel boost building but smoothly, more like a wallop. Then you feel the dip then relatively smooth all the way to 7k.
Any thought out suggestions on either problem are appreciated.
Good news, no cooling problem anymore.

ya got your Koyo in??

yes.

Sounds like it would be leaning out and causing the knock sensor to pull some timing around 5k…have you ever run o2 on it?

At the dyno there wasn’t an unusually lean condition. The whole rev range looked rich like normal. Although at the dip, the fuel dipped too.

The fuel dipped how? As in it leaned out a bit? Are you hitting VTEC? hehe

Seriously though, it sounds like the computer is pulling timing. Whether it’s doing it because of the low fuel or the fuel is dropping because of the timing is what you kinda have to figure out. My car actually does something similar, it feels like a little blip just before 3,000rpm. Not really noticeable under full acceleration, but quite noticeable under light to moderate throttle input.

Have you tried throwing another computer in to see if it clears it up?

I have figured the computer was pulling timing, but I haven’t found somebody willing to time the engine on the dyno. Maybe I’ll borrow a gun and it’ll be me. I misinformed you about the fuel. It is about 13:1 at the point of the dip, but the whole fuel curve is a rolling hill down to 12:1. I think it may be knock causing the problem but knock at 5k every run seems strange to me. I’d like to try another computer. I’ll try Aaron’s for an hour if he will let me, or Rob’s considering his isn’t in the car.

Let me know if you need mine. It sould be a good test to see if its in working order. During the Dyno day i can only be there for the first bit cuz my after grad party is that night.

I’ll try Aaron’s Thursday night and I’ll phone you about yours , over the weekend. Big Garage Sale, everybody!

I think that would be a good test. It could just be a hiccup in the fuel map or something…mistake at the factory possibly?

I’m going to drive to work with Aaron’s ECU plugged in today.

Different ecu, same problems. I will look at the obvious again on Sunday when I have time again.

swapped the hose to the iac valve and added a screw clamp and threw away the spring clamp, put the timing back close to where I had it last year(it’s about 1 1/8 inch past the 20 degree mark) and it drives beautiful at 7 psi. I’ll get the oil changed and put the boost controller on and fill up for SaTURDAY.

Hmmm
the cam angle sensor did nor work any better for you?? I will drop by the dyno day on saturday get it back from you.

Hopefully I’ll have checked it by then, I will check the fsm to see I can check it’s output without ihstalling it.

This leak. I’m pretty sure I have the same problem. Only happens when the tank is full? Did any of those repairs work for even a little bit? And does anyone have any suggestions? The gas smell gets kinda annoying after I fill my tank.

B-Wurm :smiley: