SR behaving a little weirdly

Hey, wondering if anyone’s car w/SR20det has done this:

pulls hard all the way to redline if you’re say cruising in 2nd, and step on it. if i am in 1st gear WOT, right when i shift to 2nd and hit the gas it gives me 0 power and wont accelerate for a second, then BAM accelerates hard again. the weird thing is, i watch the boost gauge, and its spooling up, but no acceleration for a second or so.

very weird. 99.9% sure its not a vacuum/boost leak. feels fuel delivery related.

Got a BOV venting to the atmosphere?

try tightening up ur bov… did the trick for me a while ago when i had those issues…

i looked for the bov on the stock SR sidemount but couldnt really see it. too much crap in the way, i guess i’ll look harder. guess it is bogging rich.

thanks guys

The stock bypass valves are notorious for leaking. Mine leaks like a dirty sluts ass.

Ha ha! Thats classic!

as far as i can tell, there are no more boost leaks, and the re-circ is infact re-circing.

i replaced the fuel filter with a z32 filter, and fuel pump is now a walbro 190… i can’t figure out why its hesitating right after each shift… how much can the stock MAF flow on the t25?

i can’ t figure this out… (BTW the new fuel pump cut the hesitation in half)

i want to figure this out before SCC or else there is no point in me competing.

that same problem has happened to me once or twice now. its only ever done it right after im done washing my car and i step on the gas as soon as i leave the wash bay. no idea if these two things are related…seems like it though.

check the harness on your maf sensor that might be loosse.

the harness to the maf is tight, but i noticed there is a hole in the rubber boot covering the wires… hmmm