SR20DET Hesitating

I have an SR20DET with GT28R turbo, fmic, etc. Car runs fine until I hit boost. I have it set to 10 PSI and it gets to 10 PSI. The problem is that it starts running way too lean and it just hesitates under boost. Is it possible that my MAFS is messed? It just hesitates if I press more then 1/4 gas. I put in new plugs and checked for boost leaks. I don’t think I’m maxing out my MAFS as it hesitates even when its not boosting too much.

Thanks!

injectors stock? Stock ECU?? stock fuel pump? If so then that could be your culprit. Sounds like you arent getting enough fuel or you have a bad map.

Have you checked for boost leaks?

Fuel pump is Walboro 255lph, stock injectors, ecu and fpr. I have checked for leaks, but if it was leaking wouldn’t I be running rich? Also after it gets to 4PSI is when it starts leaning out.

agreed i was there w/ gongster…at idle it will idle rich for a bit for as we start rolling it starts leaning out…like 16: 1 17:1 etc…and also once 1/4 is surpassed…the car gets boost but start to jerk badly…could injectors and FPR be the cause of this? or car just needs a nice ECu tune (new maps etc)

So hard to say what it exactly is.

The setup is wrong in the first place so how can you diagnose a problem. Sure under low boost the injectors will be fine but its flowing more air than stock and who knows if the MAF is able to handle it or the ecu…yada yada.

This is the problem when upgrading to a bigger turbo and leaving everything else as is. Might run great on one car but lean on another.

Did this occur when you swapped the turbo or was everything running fine and then one day it went to shit?

Personally, I’s start with bigger injectors and a better MAF. Then look at a standalone. Not cheap but it will work.

I guess I will get an enthalpy tune, 550cc injectors, nismo FPR, and a 300ZX MAFS. If the problem is still there I will work from there. Any suggestions on what fuel injectors I should get?

Thanks!