New York Safety Track: Hapersfield, NY

I was talking to a co-worker, he said “looks like that track is almost done”
I was like “nah they haven’t even broke ground yet” (thinking he was talking about CNY) “or are you talking about Monticello?”
He was like “New York Safety Track, here is a pic”…

http://www.nysafetytrack.com/

Opening May 2013, this will be the premier New York track for riding schools, clubs, track days, and other exclusive events. Keep checking with us to stay on top of everything going on with a countdown to our grand opening!

http://www.nysafetytrack.com/maps/nysafetytrack_map_full_course.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/175612_470498246306283_1075264063_o.jpg

5 hours from Buffalo.

Brilliant name for the NIMBY folks.

Nice :tup:

lol @ the name, good idea.

5 hours from buffalo = gayyyy. My track budget is half gone on the gas to tow the car there.

Seems like a nice track, elevation changes and all.

X…

Fuuuuuuuu…wish it were closer.

Hmm. Between #1 and #18 looks ok, but WTF am I supposed to do with those turns? lol

Looks awesome. Only an hour and a half from my father in laws in Endicott so it would be pretty easy to make a weekend trip out of it for me.

Just under 3 hours for me and less than an hour from my sister-in-laws. Easy for a day trip and it looks like a decent track. Hopefully they’ll be some affordable track days there.

Is the same track there was a thread about a while back where legit track days weren’t going to be allowed because they made some deal with the neighbors?

This track has never been discussed here before.

this track looks awesome, wish it were a little closer though

They put up a new pic on their facebook page of turn 7 showing some of the elevation changes. Since I assume most of you didnt like the page, figured id share.

Maybe the picture doesn’t do it justice but that doesn’t really seem consequential.

Looks great. A 5 hour tow really isn’t all that bad. Yeah it sucks on the wallet, but since when was racing ever cheap? Looks like it’ll be worth the extra few hours of towing in comparison to nelson ledges.

Bump - another forum has said this track is booked already for all of 2013. Just wondering if anyone on here has tried to see about a track day yet?

It’s a bit far for us WNY guys. Maybe they’ll have a “fun day” like Nelson we could check out.

I am excited about this, I have a friend who has an in with this track, sponsor or something. I googled directions from Walden exit on the 90, it gives 4.5 hours. NYSpeeders could cut that time a little shorter, unless your towing

Looks like they are opening in May.

Its not crazy far, like 270 miles away… about the same distance as mid ohio. I have not seen any clubs adding this to their scheduled personally, but its hard to keep track of who races where etc…

Really hoping this is the case. Shoot down to the inlaws in Endicott Friday night, 1.5 hour drive to the track Saturday morning to play then back to the inlaws and drive home Sunday morning.