newb to hit the track!

Thanks guys, this thread has been a lot of help. I do have some lowering springs btw, so I may hold off on coils for this year. If if didn’t have springs i would have jumped on wayne’s megans.

Reason for the S14 vs 13 question was b/c the available option to track my brothers s13. lol. We’re both on stock status therefore was just wondering any differences/preferences.

I will definitely be out this year.

don’t laugh…jk

lol it is doable…ull encouter some heavy understeer… lol try it out… im in desperate need of coils tho… i aint riding no 4x4 status no more .hehehe

haha people always laugh but as long as you have fun and enjoy yourself. BTW this car was 99% stock when this was taken! It was fun, trust…
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/TK_Photo/Banner.jpg

^^Thanks Man. BTW. Are you guys renting helmets?? …

just check your shit… make sure ur game is tight…
and go have a blast man

most ppl who will make fun of u are bench racers anyways

You should get a helmet but chances are most track days you can sign a waiver of safety… lol… I am still deciding on a proper helmet… Not smart to race without one… but you can…

I guess you could ask people to borrow you some or rent but… best to buy… Check any issue of grassroots motorsports for some good selections…

i just pickd up one of those fuel ones from ct

240 was built to drift from factory haha but one thing i really didnt like was tire roll on the 15 id say get some bigger rims just for the front at least and still smoke of 15s in the back coils will deff help nice stiff springs stock set up rolls lots

I have LOTS of hemets and will be selling some of them off. BNIB and Used.

All size Medium though.

Anywhere from $100 to $1000

PM if interested.

Don’t even worry about a thing.

Just make sure your fluids are all topped up. Brakes are working well, all suspension arms in good shape.

Go out there, GO SLOW!!! Learn the lines. Most important thing. Get soemone to show you around. It’s all about the lines. Gotta go slow to go fast.

Way too many hot heads out there who just charge right in with no concept of corner entry, lines, apexes, braking points etc…

Just start out slow and by the thrid session you WILL BE HAVING THE MOST FUN YOU’VE EVER HAD IN A CAR. EVEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

If it’s not a drift day, I’ll gladly show you lines. Just lemme know what day you’re going to and I’ll come along.

I’m right there with you as well. I am a newb to the track but want to get out shortly. I just have a few more things I need to do before that happens like new sticky tires, and install my new rear hicas ball joint assemblys. The only difference is my car isn’t completely stock and I think I’m in good condition to hit the track. Was wondering about the helmet rule as well.

Come to our track day on the 28th!

That’s two Sundays from now.

http://son240sx.org/forums/images/son240sx.org/bannerads/events/digbannerjun28.jpg

And, the MOST IMPORTANT things you need to keep having fun at a lapping day are a decent set of pads, fresh (preferably high temp) brake fluid and decent tires.

**this is assuming your car is already mechanically sound. i’m not talking about mods. i’m talking about the frame being in one piece, ball joints in good shape, etc

Also, helmets are strongly encouraged but not mandatory.

This is a relaxed lapping event, not a competition. People come to learn and to have fun. No dick swinging competitions.

Anybody acting like a retard is swiftly black flagged and removed.

if you clowns were on our mailing list you would have already gotten lots of tips on what you need to be ready :wink:

email jammin1911@gmail.com to request an add to the list…

</shameless plug>

here is my contribution to this thread:

Nice. Thanks for the offers and tips. I’ll give you a shout ronnie for sure if I head out for some lapping, hopefully the 28th, but not certain.

…time to change my brake pads…

^ Jammin, I spent a good 20 mins reading that mail when I got it.

Awesome information. :slight_smile:

good because it took me about 2 hours to come up with all of that crap! hahah

suggestions for things to add are welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/user/racecartech1 videos from my stock 91 KA. it has Magens, I run Hawk hpplus pads and Wilwood fluid. This car is a blast to drive, track days are fun. Run your pace, lapping days are that, lapping. There are no need to worry about crashing. each organizer sets up passing zones.

Digs is a great group to get in with.