Things That Broke Down at the Track

As the title says, list your track experience, and also the state of the car before you went (stock, rusted to shit, sr, ka-t, rb…etc).

I’m also interested in knowing if anyone has taken a stock 240 with an automatic to the track. How was it? lol I might do that this year.

One more thing, what did you notice most about your car that you felt needed an upgrade and just wasn’t to your liking? (e.g. body roll, understeer, slow acceleration, brake fade, etc…)

Hopefully this thread will be helpful to those who are contemplating whether to track their baby, or deciding what to mod next. Pics are always welcome :smiley:

Stock S14 with ka no mods what so ever - 260k on the body and motor zero rust, winter tires

16.00 flat

SR20DET black top, hks intake, megan 3 inch exhaust & down pipe, bings fmic, act stage 3 clutch, semi slicks

SR20DET black top, hks intake, bings fmic with larger core, hks hi power exhaust, megan down pipe, full drag slick on a 14" rim, act stage 3 clutch, msd ignition with T1 controller, and kyb coilovers

12.60 TWICE, at like 14 or 15 psi on film at cscs ! what an awesome dayfor stock sr20’s

this year should be close to 11’s or better if i finish the rb in time, aiming for 400 wheel hp and a skyline rear -

oh yeah and i cracked my windshield when i launched on the micky’s

AhmadG is a_ahmed right?

Really? Cool!

I boiled my power steering fluid, but apparently that’s not uncommon.

Drag launches strained my old slave cylinder to eventually die.

Enough subframe hop to make me think my car blew up on drag launch #1, of course the car was fine lol.

My times were 16.5 stock and 14.6 with 5 PSI by the way.

The only difference being I do not support the use of Taurus brakes. LOL

But seriously, no, I am not him, please stop.

Ive never broken at the track before but i did use my car in a drift event at TMP when it was automatic ! aha…after about 2 laps the tranny was way to hot…i gave it gas the RPM went up but the car barely accelerated. so no more then 2 laps of hard driving on an auto tranny…

another time was…went a bit to long on the track and my rad fluid was boiling out over the over flow and the plastic container felt like a grosrie bag… this was on the KA…witch i still drove home and never even flinched in power when it was hot…stock rad ect…

and blew a tire mid drift kinda freaked me out first time…

other then those thats about it for me…

hmm

boiling ps fluid is common

-blown out turbo gasket
-popped coolant lines

i think thats about it for me

I’ve boiled my brake fluid many times at dunnville…

13.9 at Cayuga… on a stock S13 blacktop SR with ARC Smic, 3 inch catback exhaust, 12 psi…BFG G-force sports tires.

Hahahaha!

I lol’d!

I’ve been to Cayuga drag once and Dunnville once. Also done a few autocross events. My rad neck that connects to the upper rad hose snapped at Dunnville.

blew a tire drifting at driftfreeweekends and thats as far as it went, im sure ALOT is gunna break this year.

btw what happins when power steering overheats?

my exhaust fell off the rear hanger

lesson for every one new going to the track

ALWAYS BRING ZIP TIES !!!

89 hatch fmic apexi super air intake.megan manifold. 87 300zx diff 14psi snow tires. 3 to 3 1/4 inch exhaust. when my clutch was good. my best time didnt print. the mustang i went up against ran a 14.0 and i beat him by 4 cars or so. other then that best time was 14.1 with a slipn clutch. it would let go around 4500-5000. other then that just turbo came lose drifting.

12.9 AT 110

bad grip with tires in 1,2,3 gears…could not get on the gas…

no issues otherwise…

doing solo 1, have broke just about everything at least a few times

my nissan oem oil filter’s o ring blown on me on my 3rd time to shannonville…
no idea y…
it was teh first ever first i use a nissan oil filter on the car… did the oil change on the thursday b4 the sunday lapping day… and it wasn’t the begining of the lapping… it was like the last 30min of it…
o yea it is a stk KA only w/ a cone filter