newer diesel advice

So i’ve been put on the hunt for a 4x4 diesel Crew cab long bed. Its for my friend not me. She wants to spend $30k or so, wants a duramax but likes fords too. Ive been looking at 05-09 duramaxes and found a few low mileage ones that im going to call on, but i dont know anything about the newer Ford diesels. Anybody here know anything those junk 6.4 & 6.7s? what and what not to look for?

Ford diesels are junk. Go with a Cummins

no cummins pjb, were not starting this arguement. I want to hear from someone who has worked on a newer ford or who has owned one, i know hatfields got one.

The good ford diesel is the 7.3 liter because it’s an International motor. The 6.7 is junk My uncle had one and constantly had problems with it. He bought it new and it was always in the shop. Don’t know exactly what was wrong with it, but he couldn’t stand his new truck always being broken. It always has issues where is was smoking all the time. White smoke too. Not black. Dealer kept telling him they couldn’t find what was wrong with it. And they had several trucks there to be worked on. All with the same problem.

Edit. Idk about the 6.4 or 6.0

Duramax is where its at. Very rarely hear bad things about The Max and Al Combo.
Cummins is ok. Geoff Pattersons cummins is pretty badass

6.0 AND 6.4 are international motors as well. 6.4s are good motors and they’ll make some fucking power with an egr and bullshit delete. That’s what Hatfield has. I have no experience / useful knowledge on the new 6.7.

NOTE ^^^^^ That is an educated response, edit your idiotic posts accordingly. he didn’t ask what your grandmothers uncle who works in a cannery heard sucked.

x2!! thank you wayne

Waiting for Underboosted to respond, as I know he’s worked on all that shit.

yea obviously duramax’s are hoss’s too.

Edited my previous post to be less “idiotic”

i got a 6.4 and no issues

Doesn’t that feel much better!!!

I called him after I posted that and realized some of my information was incorrect

6.4’s are pigs on fuel from what Ive heard. I think Mike gets 9-11 mpg in his if I remember right. GM and Dodge easily get double that.

Avoid a Ford 6.0, especially an '03-'05- lots of issues. '06+ are better than the older ones but still not the best diesel.

7.3’s havent been made since '02 so theyre out of range in this case.

You sure?

6.0 have head gasket problems too much power for the head bolts to handle I’ve put arp head bolts and new gaskets twice on a 03 within 30k but the truck was built to the wall and pushing 40psi so I’m sure that negates everything, the new ford engines have a ton of problems with the egr clogging up and the exhaust clogging up and those are first hand experiences from working on our company truck

Yea 02 was the last year of the good international 7.3 engine

'02 or '03, I always forget. I know for sure '04’s have the shit 6.0.

the 7.3 could still be had in 03, right along the 6.0 it was an option. 6.4s are pigs until you delete the faggotry, then they’re supposed to wake right up and get good mileage to boot.

i honestly think if i had to buy a truck right now brand new it’d be a new chevy with max and al or a dodge with the cummer and a handshaker.

Yea I’m with Wayne, Sean from precision Volvo owns the new cummins it the only truck fit now that u can buy new without the urea crap! He’s only had a few o2 sensor problems and minor steering linkage issues but other then that it’s the tits!