Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

I was gonna say what a silly way to route the dp, but I guess there’s no other way. If you wanted, is there enough room to route it on the other side of the brake booster and have it maybe come out of the bottom of the drivers side fender? Probably to late to do that now anyway.

[quote=“N’CTRL,post:661,topic:22123"”]

I was gonna say what a silly way to route the dp, but I guess there’s no other way.

[/quote]

nope, it’s the only good way.

Only other option it to wrap around the front of the motor… I could chop out the whole tunnel on the driver’s side, but i’d rather have it intrude into the passenger side of the car…

Looks fucking awesome…thumbs up for doing something custom rather than buying another 35k car…lol!!!

umm i think part of the dp should not be coated and a stainless steel cooking surface should be placed over it in the driver compartment.

[quote=“originalsin,post:664,topic:22123"”]

umm i think part of the dp should not be coated and a stainless steel cooking surface should be placed over it in the driver compartment.

[/quote]

lols

i think the swian tech looks like garabage. its white and it stains easy. id coat and the exaust

[quote=“layzie,post:666,topic:22123"”]

i think the swian tech looks like garabage. its white and it stains easy. id coat and the exaust

[/quote]

the thermal characteristics of the white lightning appears to be superior to other coatings.

ya and it looks like shit. jethot has the new sterling silver thats i think 1800 or more

[quote=“layzie,post:668,topic:22123"”]

ya and it looks like shit. jethot has the new sterling silver thats i think 1800 or more

[/quote]

but it’s thermal retention properties are not as high. i’m looking for performance, not bling.

thats what heat wrap is for. bottom line swain tech looks like garabage

performance first, bling second. Swaintech :tup:

ugly white < anything else.

why note just wrap it. the white is just to ugly for my liking to even think about performance with it

it stains easy and looks like garbage… i seen it first hand after oil and dirt have got on it and it doesnt look good. im sure the other coats are not that much of a difference and i still wouldnt leave it just coated id wrap it, esp going into the cabin

Well it’s a good thing it isn’t your car now isn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

might as well put walmart wheels on it with that coating

To bad you use heat wrap to keep heat off of things, aka wrap it around things you don’t want to get hot. Performance does and always will win over styling, aka the enzo, ugly as shit but it performs.

[quote=“articzap,post:675,topic:22123"”]

To bad you use heat wrap to keep heat off of things, aka wrap it around things you don’t want to get hot. Performance does and always will win over styling, aka the enzo, ugly as shit but it performs.

[/quote]

:confused: i think you got that a little backwards.

[quote=“layzie,post:674,topic:22123"”]

might as well put walmart wheels on it with that coating

[/quote]

Ricer

bob loblaw law blog.

looks great, but i have a couple of (?). (not a big shock there)

1. has anyone ever made a “spliter” for the DP. say like two 1.5 pipes?
  2. make an one cut out to the fender well.

SWAIN COAT THE WHOLE FUCKING CAR JUST TO PISS HIM OFF

looks good sexy man