Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

It was no problem. I liked finally seeing something coated after I blasted it. We should have put on the TYVEK suits I have and used those blue gloves I had. I ended up getting some of the POR 15 in my hair, on my face, and on one of my contacts!
Here are my battle wounds.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/blastoffinc/614887b6.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/blastoffinc/18a4629a.jpg

lol, looks good except for the skin. id also like to say suzukiriderman also hooked me up big too when he blasted my nose peice from my bmw a while back.:tup:

Is there anywhere to get POR locally?

I haved used it before with great success on lower parts of doors that were starting to rust. Lots of work newman, keep up the great work. :tup:

Jeller

K-S Auto in Tonawanda on River RD

if you need gloves… let me know… i have TONS AND TONS of latex gloves…

^^^

Left over from all your roleplaying/bdsm parties?

obviously… or from the hospital i work at… either way… i have a bunch if i need them…

Well played sir… btw

Harbor Freight - 100 Pack Nitrile Gloves (Latex Sucks) 6.99

i think i can get both… but i HAVE a surplus of latex right now… which are nice to keep blood and shit at the hospital off my hands…

yea i heard h-date supplies a life time with membership.

hahaha well played dos…

thats a rumor…

the supply part… not the me having herpes part

so is this going to be AWD or RWD?

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, have you thought of a name for the car? Perhaps the Nazi sled? Or maybe even The World War 2 Whip?

I’ve used POR-15 before and gotten it on my hands, it took about 4-5 days to completely disappear with me scrubbing them like crazy twice a day. It gets down in your skin.

It wasn’t as bad as your arm though, so… just wear long sleeves for the next week.

thats going to be one hell of a ride nice work so far

i did put plastic wrap on the can when i closed it. I will be using the rest of it withing the week.

just dont get por15 on anything you intend to paint over, its so slippery nothing seems to stick. can’t wait to see more progress:D

Thanks :tup: I called the 1-800 number and they couldnt tell me any distrubutors in my area :banghead:

Jeller

Looking good. Impressive work. Very Impressive.

This car does not deserve a VIN.

It should say “Newman built this…”