Newsgroups: a safer/faster more reliable way to torrents

I think they are pretty equal. If you use a free Torrent site, yeah, they suck.

I use a private torrent site in which you HAVE to upload after downloading. Speeds are always ridiculously high (I average about 1.3MB/s) and all the popular stuff is right there for months. It’s harder to find old stuff (not stuff that was made a long time ago - stuff posted)…but I haven’t had much trouble finding what I want.

i’m just having a discusion, so don’t think i have any other intention.

do you really need to download full blu-ray discs though? a 1080p rip is only 10-13gb depending on length of movie. animated movies don’t usually top 5gb. i just download rips, and usually only 720p cause my computer doesnt like to play 1080p. i don’t care about a full disc, i don’t have a blu-ray burner, i don’t need menus i just want the movie.

Depends on the RIP… some rips look 100% great, some other people use codecs that compress the video to much when they convert them and looks like shit.

Regardless for me its just the fact that I love the reliability of Newsgroups. Many private torrent sites are very reliable, but sometimes its just nice to download a movie and be done. Have to keep a good seeding ration as most private sites require sucks dick sometimes when I want to use my comp and play a game and im lagging like a bitch because im upoading to people.

100% my view so far.

what private sites? i just use btjunkie and isohunt LOL

+1 I use mininova and used to use pirate bay.

When you guys have invites for torrent sites, I would like one.

I was converting a video from .avi to .mp4 and .wmv and it keeps getting screwy. I have the CCCP and K-Lite codecs. What ones do you suggest?

The best all around codec I like is Xvid

+1 for xVid.