Newgroup people... 1/2 off sale at newzbin

Now until 12/31, 1/2 off your topups. They only do these sales one or twice a year.

innteresting. I’ve been slacking on NG’s because GrabIt keeps making Windows 7 BSOD.

thanks jays. Just paid $12 for a year’s worth, not bad

What is this?

You guys using grabit, do you pay the extra monthly fee for the search feature? It seems impossible to find anything without it. I am currently in a trial with newshosting.com. Anyone care to share an invite to newzbin?

That’s what newzbin is for. By far the best indexing site for newsgroups.

I went with the 1 year topoff too. My luck they’ll probably get shut down next month but $12 isn’t going to kill me.

FourEyed, I have no invites. I am a pretty new user, when I get some, I’ll post

why pay to steal? or are you guys getting things that I can’t from demanoid and similar sites?

if you have to ask…

I have to ask, since I’m already getting everything I can think of.

speed
no seeding required

thats it? everyone talks about newsgroups like omg its the best thing ever, but you pay to steal? is that even stealing?

I don’t really see the need to turn this into a P2P vs newsgroups shitfest.

To me the minimal price I pay for newgroups access and searching is well worth it for the speed, availability and security of never having to upload. I made this thread to share a deal for others who I know that are on nyspeed and feel the same way. I’ve got a 25meg down connection and it will peg it at 25 down for as long as I’m connected, all over SSL with nothing being uploaded.

EDIT: FourEyed… you got PM.

SSL encryption & speed. It’s less than $15 a month. How else can you download something at 10+ megs?

because torrents suck balls, thats why, id rather pay a small fee and have 100% of my BW allocated to Dl than sharing with others

i use alt.binz much better than grabit, i gave up on grabit over a year ago.

does altbinz extract everything? I hate getting clusterfuck .001 .002 .003 files and shit.

someone get me an invite?

It’s overpriced and has limits.

Here is what you guys should be using:

Unlimited + SSL + huge retention $11/month.

Free client is here: http://www.altbinz.net/, works with Windows 7 without a hitch.

Newsbin/whatever is dead from raid, use this for now

Bump…lost my old account. Someone have an invite?