next car....

it’s more of a performer than a looker, that is true. Also moneywise, they’re quite affordable but also not my cup of tea just in the looks tho.

ford rs200…do it or die.

if not buy a celica…they will forever be women cars.

I love the look of st205s, its bad ass/sexy as fuck.

If anyone hasent checked out the wrc one on the right drive site, check it out! factory rear strut bar…:yumyum:, i dunno about the spoiler tho and doesnt look like it has a top mount :/:

oooh… celica GT4 WRC… with aluminum body/roof/hood/doors/fenders…

sweet choice…

oh course I am speaking of the 4 round headlight model, not the pop ups

It is, it’s just an air/water. You can see the intercooler in the pics actually.

rightdrive is actually who I want to deal with when I make the final decision, I already did a credit app. for an r33 a few months ago… damn cell phones and their bad credit abilities lol. but yeah, the st-205 is what im t inking , sexy, has the power, just I couldn’t really find much aftermarket for it. at least performance wise anyways. first thing to go though, is the spoiler, lol.

i believe RIGHT DRIVE is bringing one it (WRC celica) looks good still… ask Matty if you interested!!

ha, i lol’d

Not a fan of Toyota nor that particular model but still a sick car. I’d be more interested in seeing that around too. :stuck_out_tongue:

One bit of advice, don’t buy a car on credit. If you can help it, I’d say buy absolutely nothing on credit, except for small shit like gas, so that you can just build up a credit history for when you’re forced to take out a mortgage some day.

I cannot stress this enough, but it is a really really bad idea to buy something you love, on credit. For the past two years, the $650/mth going out of my bank account has been robbing me of the love I have for my car, and breeding bitterness. My 240 annoyed me on many occasions, but at no point did I feel as if it was eating my livelihood.

Just wait, save cash, and you’ll have it eventually. Even if you need 15-20k or something like that, it’s not hard, you can do it in a year or two if you work hard. I know you can just take out the loan and pay it off in that same time, but it’s a very different feeling. When you save up and get it, it’s like a reward, it feels really good. When you’re paying it off, it’s like… a pain in the ass. Don’t buy into instant gratification, it’s destroying our society.

Before you say anything, EVERYONE thinks they’re different, EVERYONE thinks that it won’t be like that for them, but they’re all wrong, and they all regret it. I’m as certain of this as of my own name.

oh, I know it’s destroying our society, I mean look at the spot we’re in now because of it. I won’t get too into it cause im on my phone, but honestly, saving that kind of cash on 20 an hour is possible but won’t build my credit rating, which is something i’ll need in a few years when I buy a house… its a catch 22

the only plus to doing it on credit is to build credit rating, and if yours is bad then i would say do it on credit! But be sure you pay it cause then if you dont you will do MORE damage… i think you know that and thought it all out… RIGHTDRIVE is the best ppl to deal with.

So?
Do you know about the importers in Montreal?
When the cost to import (just fixed costs that cant be avoided) is around 5k, what condition do you think the car is in?

Edit: Also your forgetting…we offer something no other importer in Canada offers. Powertrain warranty along with the cert, e-test, all HTA mods, ownership transfer and much more. Price you see includes all that. It’s a 100% turnkey operation.

Our customers show up, buy the car and drive off minutes later to enjoy it (granted they have their insurance ready). Nothing to do but sit back and relax while we handle everything.

Qaulity car and a premium service :stuck_out_tongue:

It was supposed to be coming into stock. Either on the next container or maybe someone scooped it up.
Ill have to confirm with Mr. Mike

nitescream, are you absolutely certain that purchasing on credit will help in the long run?

kix89, if you want to buy a house in 2 years, that car better be paid off…(as you already know). Will you save for a down payment if you’re paying ~$600/mo (to pay $10-15k in two years)?

In a way, I reget buying my wrx, my 240sx owed me nothing but gave me so much more. I have a little more (payments) left to go, I bought my wrx on my line of credit, I wish I saved and paid cash…

Same here Rich. I funded a small chunk of me old Evo on my line of credit. Wish I would have never.

^This is what I’m saying man, everyone that has ever taken out credit to buy a car, regrets the decision. If you wanna build a credit rating, buy gas on your CC, and get one that has like 2-3% cash back, so you’re getting some benefits too. There are smart ways to build credit that don’t put you at any risk :slight_smile:

i went to montreal a few weeks ago and 5-6k is the prices of the celica’s there. i was just informing the op that his 15k budget was overkill for this car.

No one can touch the service that RD provides for jdm’s in the area. But to say that RD cars are better than all the importers is just arrogant.

10-12K for a car or 6K for the same car minus warranty? I dunno…no brainer for me. That’s only because I don’t mind doing work on my own cars.

If i didn’t like to work on my own cars or have any knowledge, than I would definitely pony up the cash to the business that offered me the best service, warranty and vehicles. It’s all subjective to what the customer requires. Some require to be spoon fed and the full service, some want a car “as is, where is” so they can tinker and save lots of money in the long run.

As far as buying on credit goes, I’ve done it and have come to the conclusion of, NEVER EVER EVER EVER finance your TOYS!!! If you must finance, make sure it’s for a NEED, not a want. I’ve financed a toy before, I’ll never do it again. I financed my WRX and regretted it after 6 months…with 4.5 years remaining on the loan.

Ie, if you need a reliable daily driver grocery getter style car, it’s pretty safe to finance that…if value is in your mind, so is cost and I’m sure you can keep the payments down and it becomes a fixed cost as a need, just like a mortgage. If you’re planning on buying a car that can be considered a toy and one that you will spend more money on post purchase, forget it. Toys inherently cost more and will always be a money pit. OWN your toys, FINANCE your NEEDS!

I fucked my credit up when I was 18, it’s taken me close to 10 years to rebuild it. I started with a 500 limt on a card and charger everything and paif it off as soon as I got home. Then a small cash loan and paid it off within a year. I kep getting as much as possible and paid it all as soon as possible and always on time. I’m still NOT at GOOD credit, I’m only at OKAY. it’s been 10 years too.

If you’re buying a RHD for the sake of it, dont. If you’re buying a RHD because that’s the only way you can get a certain vehicle, than go for it. If moeny is an issue at all, I would never buy a RHD. They are inherently more $$ all around. Initial purchase, insurance, maintenance and they are definitely a headache. People who buy RHD for “cool factor” often regret it really quickly.

If I was to buy a RHD car, it would be an EVO 5 or 6 or an STi Ver 6 for sure…I’m gonna grab an S15 when they are legal as well. Then when I’m older, an S15 Varietta. Woot. When I start making good money again, I’ll definitely buy RHD but will spend the time, money and effort to convert to LEFT HAND DRIVE.

How much did you put on your LOC?

I only used like 2-3k on my LOC to buy my LGT.

However, I use my LOC like crazy since I buy tires all the time.

I have way too much credit, which is very bad. I gotta start closing them up so I have sick credit score when I’m ready to buy a house.

PS: I think I did make the right decision getting the LGT over the MS6 for those wondering :slight_smile:

Yoa Ronnie, how did that fuck up your credit rating? Paying on time and shit. Not trying to stick my nose in your personal affairs.

I admit I do have a lot of credit, just because the way I do business and all, I don’t pay it off all at once but I have a good enough rating to work at a Bank.

I should consolidate all my shit together under one roof, too much credit is definitely bad.

I remember reading that it only effects your credit rating if you miss 2 consecutive payments. Is this true?

On another note, it all started with the S14, getting a LOC to fund my toys. WORST mistake ever.

$50 seems like $5, $500 seems like $20. When you buy shit on credit, money becomes no object and you’re like ohhh shit a 2way for $1200, that’s CHEAP (Nismo GT-PRO retails for $1500 USD).

Oh damn Stance coils for $1200 new, when retail goes for $1350 or whatever.

You find great deals everywhere and it seems so cheap, but you start spending like a mofo.

I was REAL good at not spending money, until all my friends around me started to mod their s14s and I was the only one left at stock.

It was all because of a Bride seat, I got a LOC for it. It was only $600. sigh