Next Gen S2000

… With Type-R engine

According to a source close to Honda, the brand’s marketing gurus are seriously considering the launch of a next-generation S2000 that could surface to celebrate the coupe’s 25th anniversary in 2024. But it will have a lot more power.

1 Like

They have been talking about another s2k for a decade now. I’ll believe it when Honda puts it under their “future vehicles tab” on the Honda website.

2 Likes

I’ll believe in a future S2000 when Honda comes out and says they are going to make one. Every year/other year we see hype of this and it never happens.
Also the market right now is not there for this car in my opinion. Especially with what covid is doing to the economy and the loss of jobs.

Granted GM sells every vette it builds right now. Build the right car and they will come.
I feel like the secondary market is in love with the s2000. Same with the wagon market. No one bought a CTS-V wagon new, but the secondary market exploded.
It would be tough to build and compete in the $50-60k weekend car market with the Boxster right there.

Because generally speaking, cars are just too expensive these days. I can’t afford to buy a $30-40k and most middle class people can’t either.

1 Like

Amen brother!

And once you can afford to buy a $30k car you buy the $70k car that’s $30k CPO. :slight_smile:

I’ll never understand the people buying brand new cars and selling them 2 years old with less than 20k miles, but please keep doing it so I can buy things like new that I would never pay new prices for.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s been my strategy for a while lol. CPO > New, IMO

I didn’t get CPO but I liked the price I got on my 08 Z06 with 32.5K miles haha

It cost someone almost $100k to drive my sl55 30k miles in 12 years…

So yes, keep buying and not driving those high dollar cars so guys like me can get a taste!

1 Like