NHL trade deadline Who is going where?

Now I know you specified the fact that it’s a ‘dream trade’ twice, but c’mon, the Islanders would be so dumb to give up their 1st round draft pick for a prospect when they know they’re probably going to get Tavares- another prospect with a much higher ceiling than anything we have.

If you’re going to do a dream trade like this, you might as well wish for Peters for Ovechkin, because that’s my dream trade.

edit- double post.

If they want to get John Tavares they should just strike a deal with the Bandits for like free lease time in the Arena.

Tavares isn’t even the for sure projected number one pick. His stock has fallen and Victor Hedman (6’7" 220lbs) from Sweden is making a name for himself. It could be either one of these guys going number one.

Who the fuck would take Max? Maybe the fggt kings or islanders or someone. I mean look at his season stats:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/Thorguitarist/b7877fe5.jpg

i could see max going to someone like atlanta, washington, maybe even detroit. a team that already has dominant russian players who could help out with his skill.

Text NHL to 81812 for NHL mobile alerts

What skill?

max averaged almost a point a game in both 05-06 and 06-07. he’s a good player under the right system, that’s just not here anymore. don’t act like he’s a terrible hockey player, ruff shifted this team to a defensive mentality this year and he can’t play under that system. put him on a line with ovechkin/kovalchuk/datsyuk/zetterberg/malkin and he’ll be a stud again.

If he isn’t producing this season not to mention being injured who cares.

+++++10000.

Finally someone who says an intelligent thing about max for once besides he sucks. I couldn’t have put it better myself. Not a single person besides possibly connolly can keep up with max’s mental and physical speed, he passes faster, and skates faster than our entire team and is not willing, and doesn’t seem able to adapt to our new young team.( think back to his 360 goal awhile back and how he can really dangle sometimes)

Put anyone on a line with those guys and they will put up atleast 80 points. That was also three seasons ago. Since then in the 90 games he’s played he has 30 points and is a minus 30. He’s also a minus 33 in his career. I don’t see how you can say that those numbers don’t equal him sucking. He is fast i’ll give him that but that only gets him so far. He loses the puck on these so called dangles 90 percent of the time. And that 360 goal was what 5 years ago? what has he done since? He needs to be traded. Only problem is our managment staff sucks and max isn’t worth shit. We would get more trading RJ.

i agree he’s lost his place on this team, but i’ll never say he’s a terrible player. and go look at some stats, kovalchuk and malkin have average linemates with not so great stats. at least ovechkin has some depth around him with backstrom at center and green at the point and detroit is just sickly deep throughout the whole team.

i heard hedman didnt have a very good world juniors showing.

pittsburgh also got tangradi who is supposed to be a power forward, something weve been missing since malone left, someone good in front of the net, another reason why our PP sucks(that and missing gonchar our first 60 games). we shipped whitney because we have 3 other good puck moving defensemen. im very happy with the trade.

satan has also picked up his play since therrian was fired.

i also read St. Louis, Guerin, and as previously mentioned pronger and neidymeyer are all being shopped as well.

hfboards.com has a LOT of prospective trade threads, leaguewide and team specific rumors.

Guerin left the game last night. He was dressed for warm ups but never played. They played with 19 players. Sylvester said he saw him leave the building. He was noted as a healthy scratch. Sooo what team did he go to?

hopefully buffalo…but most likely not.

guerin in buffalo? no thanks. someone else can take that overpaid loser.

Guerin is a pretty solid player especially when playing the point. He played real well in Boston and we need all the offense we can get. The past few years we’ve been stacking defensemen.

yeah with nothing to show for it.

The New Jersey Devils acquire (D) Niclas Havelid from the Atlanta Thrashers. Atlanta receives (D) Anssi Salmela