Niagara fall airshow? will their be one this year?

Just wondering if their is going to be a niagara falls air show this year. i saw the redbull thread and gave me the idea of going to the airshow they generally have at niagara falls.

if there is not one at niagara falls, does anyone know about any local air shows, maybe in rochester?

thanks for the help!

I believe there will be one. I’ll find out this weekend for sure

no.

yes.

There was one in Rochester the day of the New Era cruise May 30th.

I was just checking on this the other day. According to the website there will not be one in Niagara Falls until 2010. However, I did find 3 other ones. On 6/27 and 6/28 in Watertown, on 7/4 and 7/5 in Binghamton, and on 7/11 and 7/12 in Geneseo

sweet, thank you very much shelby

Thunderbirds release 2009 air show schedule
http://www.retirees.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123131379

August
8-9 Vienna, Ohio (Youngstown Air Reserve Base)

I’ll get to see this from my patio.

I have did no see anything about an airshow being posted on here so I figured I would bring this topic back up.

This weekend is the 10th Anniversary of Sept. 11. In memory of this tragic day, the Niagara Falls Air base will be hosting an air show.

This air show will be free to public for both the show and parking. Event will be held on Saturday and Sunday. I do not have a link for you to find the info out but I’m sure you can use the interweb.

I was wondering if anyone was invited today to join in at the air base for the practice/warmup to the airshow before the weekend starts.

I was offered the opportunity to go to the airbase today to which I can view them getting setup, check out some planes/jets up close and person. This is usually only something they allow family to show up for, but due to taking photos for the Sabres Alumni when they played the Niagara Falls Airforce Reserves, I was offered the opportunity to show up and check this out with roughly 10,000 less people roaming around in and being in the way.

Should be a good show, and a great time.

Cool. Have fun yambag.

I was thinking about going because I used to go to these every year as a kid, but I haven’t figured out if I feel like driving up there or dealing with crowds yet. lol

I’m going Sunday. Always a good time.

I might go again either Saturday or Sunday if the weather turns to shit today. Also might be a different type of show. But really hoping to check out some jets you normally cant go around on the normal show day.

Might go Saturday. Some dude is supposed to pull a C-130? I think that was the plane he advertised on the edge.

Probably going Sunday.

Yam, are they going to let you take photos of the planes doing their stunts moves?

yea i will be waching form my front lawn…they fly right over my house…

lol

Definitely going Sunday. Apparently there will be a B-2 fly-by. I’m the product engineer for the flight controls on that plane and I’ve never even seen it. I’m stoked.

Paulo, B2 is Saturday ONLY!!!

I’m going Sunday…

Link: http://www.thunderoverniagara.com/

lol Yes, I will be happy that I will be able to do my photos there while they slide around in the sky. lol Hopefully they dont hit me on the infield.

How are things at moog nowadays?

Saw the B-2 a few years ago. Amazing aircraft and one of my favorites.

Yam- If you go, post the pics up so I can see what I missed. Pretty bummed I cant go this year…

I had a blast at the Airshow…

I’ve loved B-17s my whole life… I was walking and I was like “Hey, cool a B-17…”

got closer “That’s looks like the Memphis Belle…”

got closer “Hoooooooollllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy Shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiittttttttt…”

then, I HAD to go in it…

This seriously was one of the things on my bucket list. I have always wanted to go see the Memphis Belle.