Nick Hogan totals his Supra, hurt pretty good.

This is purely my opinion, but what has always worried me about trust fund kids is that they get handed these super powerful vehicles and it seems a lot of them don’t appreciate the money/time/effort that has gone into them. If Nick had used his own money (and he could have, I don’t know for certain either way) to build up these cars, I would venture to guess he might be a little more respectful of their power and the ultimate consequence of even small errors. Of course, this also goes for the wealthy mid-life crisis people who buy insanely expensive vehicles and then crash them into telephone poles because they’ve never taken a performance driving course in their life. Too much money, not enough respect/caution :frowning: It’s certainly their perogative to buy whatever toys they want, I just feel so bad for the other people it affects, like Nick’s passenger.

Granted, I don’t know the facts behind the incident, and it could turn out to be mechanical issues instead of driver error. Hell, there could have been a squirel in the road for all we know. Ultimately, I really hope his parents don’t just blow it off and buy him another car without giving it some serious thought, especially now that another kids life could be ruined as a result of this one.