NICKALERO HAS WHAT?! DMV Experts enter here!

yup! 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250. My first bike! Was a sort of spur of the moment purchase. If this question is better served in general questions then someone can move it there, but I need to know if I can have my bike license in one state and my regular license in another, since I’m out of state and can’t get my NY bike license.

Anyone who could help would be much appreciated. I’d love to be able to ride this thing (legally :lol )

Oh god.

Its slow, Chris. I put 4 miles on her and she rides great.

Take the HVCC course

No can do man. Won’t be back in NY until September.

Wasn’t sure when you’d be back

You probably can’t. You have to surrender your out-of-state license when you get a new one in a new state, even if they are different classes.

You’re best option is probably to just switch to the license for whatever state you are in. Or come to NY for a couple days and take the license test or course.

This its illegal to hold driving privileges in more than one state. Best bet is to do a reciprocity with the state you are in for your regular license then get the motorcycle there. Then when you come back to NY it will transfer over.

dude… whyd u buy a girls bike? lol

BECAUSE FUEL ECONOMY BIKE! And cheap as shit, 800 bucks!

+1

That’s what I did. I took the MSF course first, then I went to the DMV and they gave me a new in-state license and added the motorcycle endorsement at the same time (I had to take a 20 question written motorcycle test at the DMV too).

Ninja’s are girl bikes?

Almost all riders (the ones that actually know a thing or two about riding) tell the new people (guys AND girls) to start with that sweet 250 Kawasaki makes.

Hell, I was pretty damn close to getting a 250 myself but then decided not to.

Congrats, OP. 800 is a great buy if everything is sound, hard to beat 240 miles with one tank of fuel. :rofl I am still looking for one for work commute. That “girls bike” is also plenty fun on the tack :D. Wear gear, ride well, have fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Mub4-fsC8[/ame]

P.S. to answer your question, you can’t IMO, like some members already mentioned but I am not an expert.

Put a pipe and some good tires on it. Try to stay on the bike and off the pavement.

not ninjas… 250’s. and if you can ride a 250 you can ride a 600… every III know says a 600 is a starter bike.

i agree but a new rider can get him or her self in a world of shit with the twist of the 600’s throttle VS the 250.

OP great starter bike enjoy it. i have one and its a blast.

its a motorcycle. Who needs a license

BAM that.

It got me out of a wheelie / reckless driving once.

Driving out of class FTW.

But for real, GL with it, Lets ride when you are back in NY, and stay safe and alert. Respect it, doesnt matter if its a 250 or a 1400, its still a bike!

Everyone I know (and everyone on here) would disagree with that and say start on a 250, just like the OP did. Nice pickup, enjoy it and like Rocket said, respect it.

please read 3 posts under yours…