NickAlero's '98 CL

Well most of you know me as Nick or NickAlero…if you don’t and see me at the lot or track feel free to intoduce yourself :smiley:

As most of you know I started with this:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs011.snc3/11832_1228364080542_1572271736_30547000_7006859_s.jpg

Which was totaled the week before I was gonna start tearing her down to be boosted…but anyway. I needed a new daily and came upon this:

The car was owned by a 75 year old lady who traded it in for a Lexus :rofl Had 121k on her the day I picked her up. Aside from a spot of rust bubbling up, she was MINTY clean. 3.0L SOHC VTEC and automatic trans.

Mods to date include cleared turn signal lights, 50%/5% tint, JVC double din deck and my 2 12’’ Polk subs out of the Olds.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs042.snc3/12953_1203685623596_1572271736_30491530_4711007_n.jpg

The rust has also been professionally taken care of by Caprara’s Autobody in Troy. Did an AWESOME job with it, I’ll post pictures as soon as I take some.

Future plans are up in the air and all depend on money, but I would like to drop her on coilovers about 2’’ with a nice set of wheels. If I can find it, there was a carbon fiber lip that was made for the CL that I’d love to put on it. And put better speakers in along with either replacing or removing the stock amp.

So thats my car and the end of my babbling :lol, progress will be posted as it happens!

now i like your plans for this a whole lot better than the olds…would be tastefully modded with some rims a nice drop and a nice lip kit…and maybe an exhaust to give it a little tone. good luck with it, seems like a very nice DD

if you want a truly clear look put some clear bulbs in the turn signals…IMO it looks nice…

No exhaust for this car, I don’t want to attract more attention to myself than the plate already does :lol The only thing I will do to the motor is put an intake on when its time to change the filter.

And you mean the turn signal bulbs right Justing? Those are clear bulbs!!

Was surfing AcuraZine for inspiration today…

REALLY like this one :excited
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5184/img0489vb9gq3.jpg
And this is the CF lip I was referring to. Though apparently since the last time I logged on a member has modded an Accord lip to fit the CL…Hmmm…

Now to figure out what kind of coilovers these are, I need more low!! :rofl

blackura

acurazine is a solid website, id keep browsing there to see what other people are running and youll be able to pick out whats best for you.

id keep it simple and clean like that one white cl that looks to be in a parking garage. thats real nice

those 2 white ones are sick, do have to say the white is the best color for these cars, black looks like its for the jigs

I like the lip on the black one and white one… you should get that haha.

I prefer the Blackura Nigor. Nice jig mobile, change your username though…

The gold grill on the black car is hideous. I love the first white one, looks serious.

the plate should attract no more attention then any other front mounted plate…

i agree the first white one is money but needs moar low in the rear, the 2nd white one is perfect (height wise) i do like the look of the CF lip though

Which lip on which car? :confused

The gold grill was the premium grill for the 1997 year I believe, I’m not a fan of it either but I like everything else on that car.

It shouldn’t attract attention, but for Troy cops it does.

I LOVE the height on the second white one, the first white one has the all around look that I want…

Carbon fiber lip costs SERIOUS bank…but is definitely worth it IMO

Which is actually illegal.

How does that plate attract attention? I dont get it.

he thinks it does cause its not centered on the bumper on an actual plate bracket :retardclap

Its either a combination of the fact that its on an import or that its just the plate, but usually when I pass a cop in Troy the sequence of events is:

Cop sees me. Stares at front bumper. I drive by. Cop stares directly at me for the duration of my passing by him.
At least in my mind it attracts some attention since it isn’t centered. Or maybe cops stare at it b/c they think it looks cool. :lol either way…

Or its your flatbrim. :lol

:rofl

Yeah thats gotta be it. Who ever saw a front plate on an import car befor? Thats gotta turn heads.

Maybe the cops are I dont know, looking at the color of your inspection sticker? Looking at the sketchy ass dude in the car driving.

nope its gotta be the plate. :wierd