NickAlero's '98 CL

Probably this. I don’t like to admit how sketchy I am.

None of us do, thats how we are able to sleep at night. lol

Nice Clean Car …

lip in the black car ftw and put your amber bumper lenses back in

keep clear lenses and get black badgeless grill :slight_smile:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5184/img0489vb9gq3.jpg

I thought the whole front end of this car looked sick.

NOOOOO, I hate the amber lights.

Yes to the lights, and no to badgeless grill but only because they are not made for the CL.

DEF love the whole lip kit on this car and would 100% consider getting it if at some point I could afford it.

^^make your own grill then…get one from a junkyard and play around with it and see if you like it :slight_smile:

I’d have to cut the plastic part that holds the logo off and plastic weld in grill pieces that match the rest…I could do it but I don’t think I could make the welds clean enough that I would like it on my car…

The only thing I would trust to make custom on this car is projector headlights or modified tail lights of some sort, since my plastic welds wouldn’t show like they would on a grill.

get a grill from a junkyard and let me have it…ill do some work with it…you will love it…

Plans have changed…I originally planned on keeping the auto but its showing the “customary” signs of giving out (slow shifts or hard shifts, comes out of first hard under light gas, won’t come out of first until under hard gas). This had happened a few times before on rare occasion, but I didn’t notice it happening more than once in an occasion until today. As I have been told on Acurazine, I have the first signs of trans failure.
So whats my new plan? Well, I was gonna just put in a new auto, until I ran into this:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90373
Apparently I can 6speed swap my car and not lose VTEC or throw engine lights (Jiggs I know you were telling me this but I really had a hard time believing the trans didn’t have to be modded to make it work :rofl)

So I’m gonna start collecting parts, and hopefully by the time my stock trans gives out, I’ll have all the parts and enough knowledge to 6speed swap her!

1000 cash… right now

MINE!

finally! was waiting for your autos to shit the bed, youll have so much fun driving it, will be a awesome DD

Not being a debby downer, but wouldn’t it make more sense to sell this as is and get a type s if you like the chassis so much?

Manual CL-S’s are extremely difficult to find, but yes, that would be the easiest route. At minimum you are looking at ~$2500 for the manual swap.

seems kinda silly in a 16 second car, no? again, not trying to pull a shady here (:hug shady), but i think if you want an m/t a different car would be better than swapping trannies in 16 second cars

It 100% would make more sense, but there are 2 big things stopping me from going that route:

1. My parents will under no circumstance allow my DD to have a manual transmission. I wanted to sell this car in March and asked if it would be an acceptable circumstance for me to obtain a CL-S in exchange. They see a car as an A to B necessity, and quickly denied me.
    I would go with the “you have no say in what I do” route, but my parents would not insure a manual unless it was my non primary vehicle, which I can’t afford to do on my own right now.
  2. I LOVE this body style CL, and mine is an AMAZING example of an 11 year old car (in great condition, close to no rust, ZERO dents or major scratches). I’m not as big a fan of the body style in the CL-S.

I can’t forget that a used and in great condition CL-S will still go for 7-8K, so all said and done, if I sold my CL for 4-5K, which I don’t think is unreasonable, it would still be 3-4K or so on top to have the 6 Speed, which all said and done, I will most likely spend if I swap a J32 with a 6 Speed, or even just a 6 Speed, into mine.

So I might as well stick with what I have and just mess around with it…a lot :smiley:

/superduperlongpost

I :hug my 16 second car :rofl

I think you really need to talk to your parents about this whole m/t thing, seems like they have no idea what it even is. My dad was HAPPY that I wanted an m/t as my first car and he’s not even a “car-guy.” They probably think it’s some weird contraption that makes your car faster and harder to drive or some shit.