night shades

Anyone have experiences using this stuff? I am looking to smoke some lights out and I have heard of it but haven’t seem much as far as results. Also where the hell do I get it?

Thanx

KS Auto has it if your local. Just follow the directions. Do not spray more coats than needed. No matter how light you think it looks it will get darker.

going to get some today from ks for my girlfriends car , spray some put the lights in and then check them ,dont go to dark tho cause its a little bit more difficult to take it off unlike the covers …which is a given but just in case

just go to the hobby shop and get teh testors model window tint, it works exactly the same. Keep in mind both the model tint and night shades washes off eventually so you’re going to need to clear over the top of it if you want it permanent. Here’s my corner lights

Before, just when i got the car (dont ask why this plate is blacked out and the other isnt lol)

now, after night shading the tails and painting the reflector (sorry cell phone pic)
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o250/02satsc2/untitled-3.jpg

The Pactra Window Tint paint is too dark, it comes out limo black with one coat. I did the corners on my BMW and you couldn’t even see the light through them during the day. VHT Nite Shades is much more thinned out so it’s easier to control the shade.

Now when you use this shit, does it effect the reflectors on the lights?

The reflectors are on the inside of the lens so no but the light reflecting back will also be darker.

if you go light with the stuff it acctully looks decent, Ex: my bumper lights, go to dark and its looks shitty IMO

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2221/2444333846_f37eb87ea5.jpg?v=0

:rolleyes:

please dont waste your time with this stuff. Its very dull and never looks right. if you want to do it right have someone tint some clear coat and spayed on professionally.

i always thought it looked terrible, and still do

If you don’t like the finish, rub it out. It’s just like any other lacquer paint.

they look good in my honesty

imo (not that it matters much) i have done a few cars with nite shade some real dark and then some light ,just finished doing my girlfriends tiburon last night and it looks good just gives it a little tint and its nothing too strong def prob looks the best out of all the ones i have seen

there are a couple companies online that dips the pieces and it comes out great.

I bought a spare set of tails to maybe try some nite shades.
Good write up
http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Tutorial:Smoking_Taillights

if u take ure time and do it, it will come out good… my dad used it on his truck and it came out really good…

Thanx Ron, good site. If i’m gunna do it’ll be done the right way, not 1/2 assed. :slight_smile:

not if anyone cares probably, but my girlfriends dad is a buffalo police officer, and he said if a cop wants to be a dick about it he will pull you over because blacked-out taillights are illegal, they probably wont do anything, but im just letting you guys know

I don’t doubt it. Not looking for black just a lil smoked so the red isn’t as pronounced on a black car. Kinda like Jesse has his on the 5.sl0. If I can get mine even close to that i’ll be quite happy.