Ninety1two40's 240sx

very niiiiiice

Lime green subframe, doooo eet.

While it’s torn apart, you best put some undercoat up there if you haven’t already.

undercoat is foar fags, grind that shyt off and clear over the bear metal!:lol

clearcoat + pavement chunks from potholes that go unfixed for decades = FAIL

you’re acting like you actually have paved roads up in berne :gay

Why do you think I got a Subaru? I’m not a lesbian and I’m just a slight douchebag, so the only other option is I live in the woods.

you just described the 3 types of subie owners perfectly :rofl

:+1

Now back to the 240 discussion.

solid aluminum bushings?

Yeah Stance aluminum bushings. I wasn’t planning on getting them, but they came free with coil-overs.

The subframe doesn’t need any undercoating, it’s rust free as is and has survived the gravel roads around by me just fine. If I do coat it I’d probably use Por-15.

I believe he decided against the solid aluminum cuz they are kinda expensive and noisy too. Don’t blame him, either.

And for the record, I delivered pizza and put well over 50k miles on a set of el cheapo eBay D&S rotors. I had to turn them once but other than that they worked great, both at the track and the street

For anyone who has NOT heard this car yet, you need to GET ON THAT!!! :wink:

LOL What track???

:rofl:rofl

Aluminum subframe bushings generaly are not that exspensive and there not that noisy at all. A lot of people prefer them because it keeps it from torquing. You may feel the ass end a bit more but its not like a engine/tranny mount it wont rattle your teeth out

That aluminum will beat up on sheet metal alot quicker than a rubber bushing, obviously.

Just keep an eye on the sheet metal, maybe research a bit of reinforcement in the typical problem areas as well…the aluminum bushings are going to make that car pretty unpleasant to dd.

That being said, I think it’s the jam. I have solid diff bushings, lca bushings, spherical sway endlinks, and a gutted interior, car feels awesome to drive, but females don’t get it :rofl

Thing whines like a mother inside the cabin because of the diff bushings, clunks like an SOB over bumps, tire noise was baaad when i had the yoko avs’s, as well as being able to hear every grain of sand the tires pick up and huck at the wheel wells from the gutted interior.

I love it.

you also Love your hand on a daily basis because of it

BUUUUURN

My car will not be gutted and I’m keeping all the sound deadening and maybe adding more. The car is already noisy enough to make it hard to talk on the phone with Asian girls :wink:

I’ll check out the sheet metal, now’s the time to reinforce if I have to. I never heard of any 240 owners doing that, but I can weld in some plate steel if need be.

I also need to make a skid plate this weekend.

I’ll take better pictures with a real camera tonight.

two words

Dimple dies

I need to find a piece of sheet metal big enough first before I start punching holes in it.

Theyre usually around $125… and besides that, i can machine them for free at work :slight_smile:

Yup $125 for Stance bushings. They came wrapped in bubble wrap in my coilover box, sealed from stance too. :+1