Nismo Engine Mounts

I’m not sure how “technical” this needs to be but I’m looking for some testimonials on these engine mounts.

I seem to have a bit of engine movement, re: soggy mounts, so am just looking for some options.

Anybody using them?
What was the cost?
What are you impressions?

THX
Happy

I have all three. Except I swapped them in during my swap. Definitely stiffer than what came out. I dont notice much shake but then again have never had an SR with stock mounts. Shifts are firm, no clunking upon clutch release so Im happy.

I got them from courtesy parts for a little over 200 I think.

Personally for the price of them just contact Alex (PearlS13) He’s gotta way better set of mounts for you dude.

The nismo ones are good but not woth it IMO.

Explain?

OR Pearl…explain.

A review I wrote a while ago:

These mounts are a lot stiffer than stock, especially if your mounts are worn. A hard rubber compound is used.

I expected better throttle response - they do that. When starting the car now, the engine barely moves! I also expected a bit of vibration added - they do that too, but only a bit on idle, and even less at higher speed - good vibration. You can hear and feel the engine better, really does help the ride feel “tight”.

Be aware of three things before buying. If you have rattles in the car, they may be more noticeable. My car’s cabin engine noise has increased, albeit only slightly (is good though IMO!). Finally, it will raise your engine in the bay about 1 inch. This may pose a problem for some strut tower bars.

All that said, I love em!

They costed me around $200-230 US when I bought em.

They raise the engine an inch? What’s that about?

Doesn’t that pose a problem for exhaust and driveshaft allignment, trans and shifter fitment?

They technically don’t raise the motor an inch, they place the motor back to its
OEM Specs. What really happens is the motor mounts wear out and sag over time.

^^ And mine had sagged about an inch…it made clearance with my front STB tight, but they were so worth it!

nismo mounts are not badged anywhere, they look just liek stock mounts but stiffer.

for that reason i would say just fill your stock mounts with urethane and get a baller torque damper from ME!

fill the stock ones with poly thats what im doing, i was never impressed with nismo ones for the price.

Word on the streets is that Cusco makes the BEST motor mounts.

I would hope so, at about $200 USD :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe if you have one at the meet in silver I’ll impulse buy it.

Quick question:

I’m assuming no, but are there any differences between S13 and S14 mounts?

I personally have not driven a car with nismo mounts so i can’t compare them to my poly filled mounts. IMO, mounts are mounts, people are paying a fortune for nismo mounts that are basically oem mounts that are urathane instead of rubber. If you can find some good quality urathane, do them yourself and you’ll have some sick mounts and wont be paying outta your ass.

Just my opinion as to not start anything…

But just something to think about Happy, I’ve seen and installed those mounts that the guys here use that they get filled. I can’t remember who fills it for them… but in my non-professional opinion these mounts are crap.

They are almost rock solid, and if you put even the slightest bit of outwards pressure (like pulling when installing/de-installing a motor) the urethane breaks loose permanently. This doesn’t mean they don’t work anymore, if you take the pressure off you can’t even tell it broke loose and I’m sure would never cause any issues, but they’re also ugly as sin. The worst part though is just how hard they are, it’s like a damn rock which means now your frame is taking all of the shock. Mounts are squishy for a reason - go with Nismo or Cusco. They’re the perfect mix of stiff. Sure your motor mike shake a bit more when your starting it, but that force is being absorbed by SOMETHING, and if it’s not the mounts since they’re rock hard… it’s the rest of your car ;]

This holds true in so many ways. I too tried filling the mounts with poly on my talon and they were rock hard. I was happy until I actually went out for a test ride. There was no dampening whatsoever, I could fell everything through the steering wheel not to mention the various bolts that backed themselves out. A month later I was back to stock.

If you are building a race car then poly urethane is the way to go no doubt but for a street vehicle you need something with some cushion. Nismo mouns seem to be the best alternative even though they do cost some bank. Do it right the first time, you wont regret having to swap mounts again and again until you are happy with something.

I have nismo mounts and they are absolutly great. I’ve ridden in cars with poly filled mounts and you literally feel everything they make the whole car rattle the nismo mounts are very nice they don’t allow for too much vibration however at the same time the engine never shakes ridiculously or moves around too much.

Jammin… where did you get so smart :slight_smile:

Poly filled mounts are a crappy alternative to the nismo ones.

i have been marking poly mounts for a while now and sold many to street guys and race guys…ever one loves them…and i dont make them with the tub stuff for 15bucks lol…now you say they are to hard yes they can be but there is different grades of hardness nismo just uses some stuff so customers dont complain about the vibs…but thats not true race …and about vibration yes its true the harder the poly the more there is but you cant have the best of both worths…

this is why when i make them i allow the customer to choose the grade for what they like…for me i have softer in my daily driver and race in my toy lol and they will last longer then the cars will prob…thanks to the extra prep and material