Nismo mounts Big Difference ???? or not

Does nismo mounts make a big difference,on a car with a sr20

Some feedbacks ???

One word - Yes

just bought some :slight_smile:

there’s some companies making even stiffer aftermarket ones like mmr

but yes nissan’s motor mounts are all marshmallows and chances are if they are original they are torn

I will change my mounts when I do the swap, but im curious how much of a difference have you experienced vibration vise. The stock car now vibrates pretty nasty due to the leaking exhaust and crappy engine and transmission mounts.

However if I get the mounts replaced, if I get something really stiff and solid, it will still vibrate for the reason that there is little to no dampening through the mount.

I heard energy or someone other than energy produces better mounts that nismo ones and are cheaper… anyone shed light on all this.

the only real other motormounts i found were thoes ghettoo e-bay Tube lookin yellow shits. i wouldnt trust that for a min.

nissan in brampton i can get htem for 282.00 tax included.
on ebay there is nismo mounts for 199.00 american -shipping -duty i worked it out to over 310.00 to my house when i can get the other for 282.
i havnt put them in yet as i am getting my car on tuesday. come this weekend i got motor mounts i also got the trans mount also

BTW: Does anyone know why the hell the drivers side mount cost like 20 bucks more then the pass??

Or you could get some from Bing for $225 shipped.

real drifters go with solid mounts

Hey konvokiller, is that $282 for both engine mounts and the tranny mount?

yes silvia_drift for all three… for some raeson the order for it is left side is more but yes. thats what i payed for them
frankly its nismo, nissan mounts id rather pay the extra 60 and get them.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISMO-MOTOR-TRANS-MOUNT-SR20DET-KA24DE-S13-S14-240SX_W0QQitemZ150108810288QQihZ005QQcategoryZ50454QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

221.89 plus shipping of 55.00 and duty. i think the cost iget beats that.

let me know if u want aset silvia_drift ill grab em for you

Get Avid mounts, there local and way better.

where can we get those

better like harder?

better like softer?

better like poly?

Nismo are the mounts to buy for a street car. If you go any harder then that all that vibration you see in your engine will get transfered to your chassis. So if you like your steering wheel to shake so bad you can’t read the cruise control buttons then go nuts. Nismo are a nice upgrade over OE in my opinion.

^^ i heard even the nismo mounts are a bit too solid?

wats a good medium inbetween OEM and Nismo?

A good medium between what most people consider OEM and nismo is NEW OEM nissan mounts. Most would be surprised in the differance even that makes.

I don’t find the nismo’s harsh and I am probably the pickest person on the forums about that sort of thing.

Mine vibrates as it is and it has OEM mounts, the engine will like fall off or something, I need new mounts, but then again I want a different engine too :stuck_out_tongue:

I could have sworn a long time ago that I remember reading discussions on either nico or freshalloy about mounts that were cheaper (in price) and better (in stiffness and at the same time less vibration – quality, best of both worlds)… and people were saying to go for ‘those’ as opposed to Nismo ones which were overpriced.

if you arent in need of more solid mounts, just get new OEM mounts. they have proven durability (how old is your car again? … exactly) and an upgrade from ~15 year 150,000+ kilometer OEM mounts to new mounts is going to make a massive difference.

Just like your OEM bushings, the rubber in the mounts dries out and becomes weak over time.

PS - ahmed I saw you turning on to trafalgar across from the cop station last week or something… car looks good!

Just go with Nismo mounts, you definitely won’t regret getting it. Get the Motor and tranny mounts. I have cusco mounts and they are harsh, haha.

Thanks jammy, you know whats funny, i never saw myself driving my own car, i dont know how it looks lol, i just know behind the wheel i demand more :stuck_out_tongue:

I drove in your car mark, it didnt feel harsh what so ever at all.

Avid mounts the ones someone mentioned LOOK harsh to me but i dont know naything about them.