megan racing engine mounts

Hey guys looking to buy these, i know there stiffer then stock but im wondering if anyone who has them found it to be a problem? Ride quality and noise is what matters to me not neccesarrily performance. Also i came across this thread : http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539-product-review-drift-freaqs-engine-mouts.html and it looks like hes got a problem with the nismo ones, just looking for some insight thanks guys!

Do NOT get them. Horrible. I did. I’d give them back to Varun if I could. lol

You’ll get crazy resonance around 2ish K and all your interior panels will shake. Rear view mirror will blur.

I had half my exhaust disconnected, and the car was LOUD, but as soon as these mounts were installed, everything started shaking noticeably more. I then got my magnaflow exhaust, the car is loud, and vibrates a lot. I suggest Nismo’s. They are overpriced as shit, but worth it in the end. Maybe I’m just oversensitive…lol

i thought the megans were basically nismo knock offs?

I got cuscos, great on track, OKAY for the insane on regular road…

avid is offering some for sale… theirs are cnc’d with urethane inserts (different grades)… kind of what i got for my dsm and have yet to install… heard good stories about them… dunno how they are on our cars though… anything solid on our cars vibrates… shitty basic design oh well.

Alright thanks for the input guys, thats what i was worried about, i mean there for a stock ka maybe i should just go with OE? im swapping motors so i thought it would be a good upgrade, are the Nismos much better? varun quoted me 230 for the nismos, 35 more then the megans so id be willing to move up to then no prob, but like a_ahmed said i thought megans were a knock off off? But i guess to make them cheaper they would use a cheaper urethane wich would equal vibrations and such. hmm ok so anyone with the Nismo mounts to confirm this??

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Oh and AhmadG hows that magnaflow exhaust? is it on a KA? what size piping, hows it sound? Im looking to replace my 3" bings with 2.5 custom piping and a muffler, maybe a resonator. The bings sounded great, but on the highway in 4th and 5th it hits a tone that drills into my brain lol i cant stand it.

Found this on the nismo mounts: http://importnut.net/nismomm.htm, seems he likes them, im leaning towards these nismo mounts more now. OE is definately not an option, price is right but these combined with an energy suspension master kit should bring a significant difference to the feel of the car, wich is what im looking for. Id still like to hear from someone who has the nismo’s though!

I thought the Megans were a knockoff of Nismo’s as well, that’s why I bought them. It doesn’t take much to engineer a rubber engine mount, especially when you have a part ready to copy.

But somehow, they fucked up…once again, maybe my motor is running rough or something, and I didn’t even notice much with the worn stock mounts.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I think almost any aftermarket will have that drone. Barely any gains considering the noise increase. I think there should be a dB/hp rule. lol

I have basically a ditto copy of the BRM exhaust with the 18" Magnaflow SS resonator and Magnaflow SS dual tip muffler. It has 2.5" piping from the cat onwards, and is on a stock KA. Sounds decent, but a bit loud and droney around 2k. When you put the pedal down in the high rpms, it sounds really good. I approve! I want to soundproof the shit out of my car now.

megans are exactly the same as the ones i used to sell on my site and i sold dozens of sets without issues… i woudl have thought they would have been a very reasonable option

Im going to opt for the nismo mounts for sure, cant hurt any, and the price difference isn’t bad at all. Thanks for all the input guys.