Nismo mounts Big Difference ???? or not

Ahmed, my car had stock mounts when you were in it.

just get nismo

Mark these (Cusco?)?:

You have to give me a ride in your new updated car.

The AVID ones are too hardcore, track only 100%… Most definetely will hear and feel even gears lol.

Apparently on nico some guys said that the nismo mounts sit the motor higher slightly.

New stock Nissan mounts = 69mm

New NISMO Nissan mounts = 72mm (both left and right sides)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/let5l1de/nico/lo_DSCF0116.jpg

get a tube of polyurethane/Window Weld, cheap and does the job.

I love my nismo mounts… they make a huge difference.

btw, don’t forget to get the tranny mount as well…

avid racing mounts are amazing. but then again i like it harsh, definitely lots of vibrations, but motor does not move one bit, and neither does the tranny, feels great shifting gears. solid transmission mount ftw.

well im gonna try nismo first :stuck_out_tongue: and where did you get those avid mounts

Get BINGS mounts…at $225 shipped they are cheaper than the Nismo ones, they are supposed to be firmer too.

we can get avid mounts

and they actually sit 3 mm shorter then the stock mounts

Personally, Nismos are good for a daily driver, but they are way too overpriced. I’d rather fill my mounts with 3M window weld than get Nismo’s.

In the end it all comes down to how stiff you want you car. There are guys that are using solid blocks of polyurethane as mounts and also others that are using solid pieces of aluminum.

How about slightly stiffer than nismo and cheaper in price while still good quality and lower, because the nismo sits like 10mm taller.

Based on what you just said, it’s like you wanting to have a huge turbo on a CA18DET but yet have lots of low end torque and very little lag.

lol, so you want something that’s cheaper and better?

Who cares if it sits 10mm taller. (I dont even know if it actually does) It won’t make any difference at all.

Just get Nismos, you wont regret it. Or get brand new OEM.

Or getting ‘hooked up’ on a ‘good’ wiring job!

:fnf2:

I’ve noticed that my shifter sits about 10mm higher than before. I’m guessing the engine mounts make the motor sit higher as well… I’m gonna have to check.

btw, I can’t believe that some of you guys are complaining about spending 280 bucks on this… it’s actually quite cheap, damn it… I mean, how often do you replace your engine and transmission mounts?

Check out the JGS mounts, they should be stiffer than nismos and look very well made. Also, they are much cheaper. Not sure about the height though.

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/kamain.html#anchor406138

my $0.02 on the whole “nismo mounts sit higher” deal…

think of it this way… your stock factory mounts are what ? 15yrs old in some cases and have 200k+ on them. SO, they actually begin to compresson and then sag over time. then when people install their nismo mounts they say “wtf, motor sits higher” well actually, its back at the proper/factory height since you no longer have worn out mounts.

quite a few people on this board alone have gone and removed their engine to find the oem mount is “broken” since they were so worn from time.

Thanks GT,

New stock Nissan mounts = 69mm

New NISMO Nissan mounts = 72mm