Nissan 180sx engine bolt patterns

Hey guys I’ve recently had the opportunity to buy a 1993 Nissan 180sx. I know they used the CA18 and SR20 engine but what I was wondering is would a KA24 fit in with little to no mods?

I’m not sure whether the CA is legal here and I’m on a tight budget so for now an SR20 is outta the picture until schools over.

I have a hoist and my father is a mechanic and I’m going throuhg my apprenticeship to be a mechanic so if it is even somewhat possible I want to hear about it, if it’s absolutely not then don’t jump around the subject, call me an idiot if you want whatever but tell me if it’s doable or not.

Thanks guys, hope you can help me out!

i hate tobe one of those guys whosays research but comon really??
but ya strait drop in no modification needed bolt in wise

please do some research… 93 240sx comes with a ka24de…but yea its pull the old motor drop in the new one…not sure about the front of the harness plugs but on an sr u have to rewire 2 of them

it’s a 180, so I wasn’t sure if they were the same as the 180’s came with the CA18. I knew the 240’s obviously came with the KA and could drop another in easily but I thought there might be some chassis difference somewhat between the 180 and 240. So thanks for your answers guys! helped me out.

diff is engine harness( brake booster clutch slave are on other side)
putting a ka in a 180 might be cool in japan but ur going backwards why not just buy a nice s13?? rhd sucks + slow as shit i think u should save for a sr or ca or put the kain and drive it off a cliff and end ur misery

I thought that as well, but it’s a good deal on each. $1500 for the 180 with no rust and $300 for the 240 thats rusted out with an engine and what not. I haven’t decided whether or not I do it but I most likely won’t because it’s RHD, was mostly curious.

urbetter off parting the 180

how is a CA illegal?

That’s why I said I’m not sure if it’s legal… I’ve never seen one.

I decided against it anyways, it wouldn’t be worth while. If anybody wants the guys number with the 180 pm me.

i know of 2 CA’s running around, i’ve never heard them being illegal but yeah an sr would be more practical when it comes to parts

Why does a 1993 180sx have a CA18DET in it?

LOL was just gonna say that!

imho, CA is a beautiful motor. I would never put a ka back into a car. Keep the ca or drop another one in, they are so cheap compared to sr.

You just need to make sure the ca has is in good running order, and don’t mod it, as parts are hard to get by and expensive. But if your on a budget i don’t see why a stock ca can’t be a fun motor for the time being while you can’t afford an sr.